1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

What handbag should my mom get ?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by chiggah, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Metlin

Metlin Well-Known Member

+1. Or PM member SpooPoker, who is closely acquainted with the denizens of Purseforvm.

2. hisroadside

hisroadside Well-Known Member

ok IMHO

in no way can he afford an LV, Dior, Balenciaga, etc. and even less a hermes (do you realise how much those cost!) at 500 dollars.

I would not suggest a Marc Jacobs as I have seen on two occasions the leather stain from wearing them agaisnt a pair of jeans or many other surfaces.

Longchamp seems like a good call, they have some new ones out lately that are pretty cool over in Europe and girls really seem to like them over here.

this coming from a guy whose GF owns one bag at least from all the above named brands.

PS, women arent like me, they don't give a damn about construction as long as it holds up somewhat. they want something trendy, that they have seen everywhere. basically what most people on this forum would run away from.

thus honestly you are probably not asking the right crowd for suggestions...

3. chiggah

chiggah Well-Known Member

will have a look at Longchamp thanks :)

4. eddievddr10

eddievddr10 Well-Known Member

5. akatsuki

akatsuki Well-Known Member

Belle and Clive was clearing out old (used) LVs for about $700 or something. You should probably just haunt the deal sites unless you need something now. But I agree with the above - purses are basically status symbols so branding matters.

If you don't care about the branding, you can always order a Cellerini or something, but I think those run a 1K or so.

6. MikeDT

MikeDT Well-Known Member

They cost around 5-15 dollars here, most women seem to love them though, especially LV.

Last edited: May 2, 2012
  7. lasbar

lasbar Well-Known Member

They're really helpful there and they love people from SF..:lol:

8. detonate

detonate Member

You only have one mom (well most of us do). Stretch your budget a little bit and you can get your mom the LV Neverfull MM or GM. It's a common bag here in NYC and its one of the cheaper LV bag in that size. It's a go to LV bag.

9. shadesofbeige

shadesofbeige Well-Known Member

I got my girlfriend a Jerome Dreyfuss purse last Christmas and she loves it. The quality of the leather is phenomenal - soft as butter and very substantial - and the construction seems to be great, lots of hand stitching. At retail they're over your price point but I got hers on sale from a local boutique for $300. I also looked at Marc by Marc Jacobs and Tory Burch, but the quality of the Dreyfuss seemed much higher. Hope that helps.