1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

What do you wear to a lounge/club?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by madison avenue, Mar 15, 2008.

1. madison avenue

madison avenue Well-Known Member

What do you wear when you go out to a club? I'm speaking of a nice place non teen related for example in ny a place like tanjune or marqee. I never know if I go over dressed or not

2. Eustace Tilley

Eustace Tilley Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I'm conservative so I usually go for the blue.

In all seriousness, most people at places like Tenjune, Marquee etc. typically wear a nice shirt, "fashionable" jeans and sometimes a sportcoat. That's a safe bet, though many others dress differently. Ultimately they're clubs so there is no real dress code.

3. Metlin

Metlin Well-Known Member

Usually, I hit those places straight from work, so I'm dressed in whatever I'm wearing (which is usually formals) minus the tie.

If I'm going to one of those places outside of work, I wear good jeans (or tasteful trousers, and sometimes corduroys), a nice cotton shirt with interesting cuff links and sometimes, a sport coat (a dressy, but casual one).

And usually, a nice pair of square toed lace-ups (Kenneth Cole shoes are my favorites in terms of style).

(Yes, I realize that I've broken several of the SF fashion rules in my dress code above, but hey, it's what I like.)

4. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Well-Known Member

Lounge and a club are very different things.

I'm more inclined to wear nicer things to a lounge than I am a club.

Club = dark sneakers, dark jeans, long sleeve tshirt and a light shell

5. The False Prophet

The False Prophet Well-Known Member

A lounge suit! [​IMG]

Seriously, whatever you feel comfortable in. I go anywhere from black blazer/tieless shirt/dry denim to a tshirt/boots/jacket (usually Helmut Lang) according to the tone of the evening and more importantly, the company.

6. madison avenue

Well I usually wear my normal attire to these places ( I hope that I did not sound like a youning asking what to wear as if I am going to one of these places for the first time) I usually wear pants a shirt and jacket with some shoes but since many of you know I have a very Italian( Domenico Vacca/ guy with colorful outfit on the Sartorilist style of dressing) I some times look at the jerk offs with thier ed Hardy shirts and True relegion jeans running around and think am I too dressed up? I know that I am way better dressed but sometimes I think should I just wear jeans and a tee shirt?

7. chronic

chronic Well-Known Member

usually a nice buttondown, blazer, dark jeans, and "sporty" dress shoes. minus the blazer in the summer.

8. Karo

Karo Well-Known Member

Nothing but a smile. [​IMG]

Depends on the type. Younger more relaxed atmosphere I would wear jeans and nice top/jacket while more mature/classy places I would wear suit minus tie.

9. Fade to Black

Fade to Black Well-Known Member

usually some sort of jacket/cardigan, a t-shirt, jeans and sneakers.

10. Fuuma

Fuuma Well-Known Member

Same stuff you see me wearing in the WAYWT threads, I don't switch outfits unless there's a very good reason. Last time I was at Marquee I think I was wearing Carol Christian Poell side zip boots...

11. SoCal2NYC

The last time I went to Marquee I wanted to barf, not due to the liquor consumed.

12. Fuuma

Fuuma Well-Known Member

The last time I went to Marquee I wanted to barf, not due to the liquor consumed.

I was tempted to add to my post "and the next time I'll go there I'll wear whatever my devilish captors will impose on me because I'm definitely not going back on my own free will" but I didn't want to derail the thread in that direction. Since you started...

13. newinny

newinny Well-Known Member

Last time I went to Marquee I met a playmate, good times to be had there.

14. haganah

haganah Well-Known Member

Who goes to Marquee?? A bunch of dorky banking analysts and bridge and tunnel girls.

15. madison avenue

What happened?

16. madison avenue

Who goes to Marquee?? A bunch of dorky banking analysts and bridge and tunnel girls.

I go there and I think I am a pretty cool dude. Just kidding I really havent been there for a while but just used this place as an example I try not to go out but the lady makes me

17. SoCal2NYC

What happened?

The answer lies with Mr. Jackson.

18. Flambeur

Flambeur Well-Known Member

usually a nice buttondown, blazer, dark jeans, and "sporty" dress shoes. minus the blazer in the summer.

second that + usually just switch to a lighter weight fabric in the summer - it actually keeps you cooler.

Blazer is usually nice and fitted, jeans are nice and never distressed (except when I wannt do the rockstar look), buttondown is usually nice, but unbuttoned two down to show off the chest hair, [​IMG] and sometimes french-cuffed with show-off cufflinks; shoes are usually also the type you wouldn't wear to work, mark nasons or whatever, although I also wear a lot of italian loafers and dressy slip-ons.

19. avatar

second that + usually just switch to a lighter weight fabric in the summer - it actually keeps you cooler.

Blazer is usually nice and fitted, jeans are nice and never distressed (except when I wannt do the rockstar look), buttondown is usually nice, but unbuttoned two down to show off the chest hair, [​IMG] and sometimes french-cuffed with show-off cufflinks; shoes are usually also the type you wouldn't wear to work, mark nasons or whatever, although I also wear a lot of italian loafers and dressy slip-ons.

sweet! a styleforum staple!

20. lakewolf

lakewolf Well-Known Member

most times a dark modern cut suit ( black or midnight blue) and a nice long sleeves shirt tucked, no tie.

Open collared and a moderate sized gold chain and pendant, looks right. No too small that looks like a girl's necklace, not big as HipHop bling.

I remove the jacket anyway, it is usually hot inside. I come with dress shoes but usually I change them for dance shoes when the party begins.

BTW I am talking about latin clubs ( salsa, bachata ) here.

Sometimes when I am feeling more informal I wear dark jeans and an untucked, well fitted dress shirt. italian dress shoes