1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

What do you think of this briefcase design?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by kolecho, Sep 4, 2006.

1. kolecho

kolecho Well-Known Member

I am interested in getting one like this made in about 1.5mm "thin" tan bridle hide with brass zippers. Overall dimensions will be 17"x12.5"x7". This thickness will give the case a soft look while retaining the durability and patina of bridle leather which I like so much.

The case will be used when in-town as well as when I am travelling to keep papers and a laptop, hence its somewhat larger dimension. Key considerations are convenience (zippers and no fussy straps), durability (bridle), informal look (hence soft construction), patina (tan colour).

Thoughts?

[​IMG]

2. luk-cha

luk-cha Well-Known Member

weekend bag yes breif case i think it is a big large and bulky and not sleak enough!

3. kolecho

What if the front pockets are removed, and only placed on the case when travelling? I think the twin handles also make it look like a weekend bad. What if it were replaced by a single handle?

4. luk-cha

i dont think single or double handle will make much difference to be honest i think it is just the shape that is not right and it just looks big!

5. kolecho

By slim, do you mean something like this?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. luk-cha

yes i really like that top 1 some thing like that would be spot on esp in black or brown croc!

7. stach

stach Well-Known Member

I think you would get tired of undoing those buckles in order to get to the side pockets.

8. kolecho

I am intending to have the side pockets customized to zippers.

9. AlanC

AlanC Well-Known Member

Well, since you asked, I don't really like it, but it seems to match all of your "key considerations". If it fits your wants/needs and you're happy with it then that's what matters.

10. Tomasso

Tomasso Well-Known Member

11. kolecho

It is like a Tumi in bridle [​IMG]

Flap over briefcases are great for in-town use, but quite useless when one is travelling because it can't hold more than a few sheets of paper. Since I would like to use it when I am travelling also, this seems more functional.

Anyways, I am still undecided between functionality or classic good looks.