1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

What do you think of this "blazer"?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Marbles29, Oct 6, 2009.

1. Marbles29

Marbles29 Well-Known Member

I can't understand why a tailor in a prestigious department store recommended I take 2 sizes up? Any size 42 jacket is always sloping off the shoulders. Thank for the input.

2. unjung

unjung Well-Known Member

I bought something similar years ago at Old Navy for $20. I wore it once or twice. In retrospect I could have gotten more out of it.

3. FlaneurNYC

FlaneurNYC Well-Known Member

I can't understand why a tailor in a prestigious department store recommended I take 2 sizes up? Any size 42 jacket is always sloping off the shoulders. Thank for the input.

Sit and watch the suits some day as they walk up and down Lex or Madison.

I'd say about 80% of suits are too big in the shoulders.

4. Marbles29

Marbles29 Well-Known Member

Believe me I have, more than 90% of men are badly dressed. He also measured my waist to 35, and I comfortably wear size 32. I need a belt with certain 32s.

5. Flambeur

Flambeur Well-Known Member

Sizing looks great.

6. IBJanky

IBJanky Well-Known Member

Size looks perfect to me.

That "tailor" is just used to people dressing badly and people not knowing the difference.

myke