1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

What do you think of these?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Leaveitothexperts, Oct 8, 2006.

1. Leaveitothexperts

Leaveitothexperts Well-Known Member

They have a nice toe box, hence from a style viewpoint they look great.
    However, CnJ Drummonds exceed these and with patience can be acquired for under $300.
    Just a preference of mine in this price range.

The drummonds have been on my "must get list" but can't figure out where to get them at a bargain. Where should I look?

2. acidboy

acidboy Well-Known Member

so did you get them?

3. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Well-Known Member

They have a nice toe box, hence from a style viewpoint they look great.
    However, CnJ Drummonds exceed these and with patience can be acquired for under $300.
    Just a preference of mine in this price range.

Well there is a slight difference between $140 and $300...

4. Joel_Cairo

Joel_Cairo Well-Known Member

"Collection" is Cole Haan's good stuff. I think I drooled a bit while reading the newest GQ when i passed a Dillard's ad. I looked closer and realized it was a Cole Haan mainline. Madero I think it was called. I shuddered, like when you flip past a picture of RuPaul and do a double take thinking "damn... oh crap"

Ive noticed Cole Haan has some pretty sexy lasts. At issue, however, is the leather quality and construction. A steal at that price, no doubt, even if its a three-year rather than a thirty-year shoe.

5. pkincy

pkincy Well-Known Member

I own this shoe and love it. It is from the 06 line and is now appearing in discount stores. It was $425 at retail as claimed.

It is a beautiful reddish brown color that fits in my rotation well. It does have an elongated toe box which gives it a bit more style (love it or hate it) than the standard british clunkers but does have the made in England tag.

It has a typical American fit..i.e, a typical lack of volume in the toe box ala the Polo C&J sourced line. It seems very well constructed and the leather seems equivalent to C&J handgrade quality. At $139 it is a nobrainer.

Perry

6. dkzzzz

dkzzzz Well-Known Member

These shoes had a potential to be a great looking semi-brogue. Remove wing tip at once! Too much detailing, but very smart looking last.