1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

What Do You Think Of The Smartest Man In The World?

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Tck13, Jul 28, 2011.

1. GusW

GusW Well-Known Member

My neighbor works at the Lawrence Livermore Labs with a number of the smartest people in the US. He has funny stories about how they are brilliant at working on amazing complex problems yet can hardly function in everyday life. He calls them the "Livermorons". :)

2. tagutcow

tagutcow Well-Known Member

Yeah, I can't say I feel envy for any of these guys. Living with my comparatively puny intelligence is like living in a snug, cozy cottage rather than a huge bewildering mansion.

3. VRaivio

VRaivio Well-Known Member

I have heard and read so many similar stories that there must be a correlation. My friend's father has his Ph.d. all right, but he's the most clumsy fellow I've heard of.

4. boogaboogabooga

boogaboogabooga Well-Known Member

You know, you should give yourself a bit more credit. You're one of the few people I read on here and think "Hey! This guy's not full of shit."

5. dcg

dcg Well-Known Member

"People who boast about their I.Q. are losers."

-Stephen Hawking

1 person likes this.
  6. HORNS

HORNS Well-Known Member

I remember stories of Adam Smith walking into open holes because he was so into his own thoughts.

7. boogaboogabooga

boogaboogabooga Well-Known Member

The same thing happens to me only my thoughts aren't nearly as profound and I'm in a car. It's lose-lose.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2011
  8. Elusive

Elusive Well-Known Member

This man is smart but yes I agree there is a hint of bitterness probably to do with recognition

9. Elusive

Elusive Well-Known Member

The reality he sees can only be seen with the documented evidence written by sages and seers from the last few centuries he is certainly gifted but what he sees everyone will see as he mentioned in his video it will take a few centuries but I see it happening