1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

What do you know about cooking with a Tagine?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Despos, Jan 13, 2011.

1. pebblegrain

pebblegrain Well-Known Member

I love cooking gadgets as much as anyone but if you think this particular design of earthenware will make a slow-cooked food differently than any other high-density cookware, you are nuts.

That said, if you want one, get a glass Hario.

2. kaxixi

kaxixi Well-Known Member

I have never cooked in a Tagine. I am only posting to say that I recently saw them for sale for reasonable prices at Ikea, of all places.

3. random-adam

random-adam Well-Known Member

I have never cooked in a Tagine. I am only posting to say that I recently saw them for sale for reasonable prices at Ikea, of all places.

Neither have I -- and the Ikea model, sadly, is made of teflon-coated aluminum.

I swear by my dolsot and the enameled cast-iron dutch oven. I'll have to look into this Tagine business.

4. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Well-Known Member

5. foodguy

foodguy Well-Known Member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement
    I love cooking gadgets as much as anyone but if you think this particular design of earthenware will make a slow-cooked food differently than any other high-density cookware, you are nuts.

there are, of course, very good cooks and centuries of tradition that would argue against that. in almost every culture that uses clay pots for cooking, different shapes have evolved for use with certain dishes.