1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

What do you consider to be good food?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by marc37, Jun 23, 2004.

1. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

Meats, dairy, cereals, and the occasional vegetable. My diet consists promarily of burritos (Thank you Anna's Taqueria and Boca Grande), pizza, beer, coffee (Thank you Starbucks and Hi-Rise) and Brownies (thank you half price hours at Au Ban Pain.) I always ask for lettuce and tomatoes on the burritoes along with sour cream, and always used half and half. Occasionally, I go out for a nice meal. I balance this off by plenty of exercise and not owning a car. Seriously, diets are crap. Americans are unhealthy and fat because they sit around all day doing nothing.

2. marc37

marc37 Well-Known Member

(banksmiranda @ 24 June 2004, 11:48) Kai, want to have me over for dinner sometime? Â [​IMG]
    If you're ever in Colorado, drop me a line. (Same goes for the rest of you well dressed rascals.)
    Would l be welcome if l wore my mask [just like in my picture]? RRAAAHHHHGGGG.

3. T4phage

T4phage Well-Known Member

Hey Kai, you missed the chopped basil with your mozzarella di bufala [​IMG] . OOOooooh.......all this talk about burritos........ I can't them decent ones here in the Netherland...... DROOOOLLLL, with carne asada....... guacamole.... OOOOHHHH...... Especially the one from the Bear's Lair (CAL campus).....

4. Kai

Kai Well-Known Member

I forgot to post it, but didn't forget to include it. My wife has a large-ish herb garden, so we never want for fresh basil.

5. marc37

marc37 Well-Known Member

6. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Well-Known Member

Good lord that sounds good Kai.

...it just goes to show you, health nuts are called "nuts" for a reason. Where the hell did UFO's and miraculous healing  water come from? Talk about random.

But I'm glad whomever said that felt like sharing, at least it put a smile on my face.

I ate a lunchable and some pepperoni beef sticks for dinner. I figure if preservatives keep food fresh, it will keep me fresh too. That and I'm too poor to buy health food. Its expensive.

Die young and leave a good lookin' corpse. Thats my motto.
    I can't think of anything I'd want to do at 90 years old anyways.

(and for the record, I have pretty large earlobes)

7. marc37

marc37 Well-Known Member

Health food is not expensive if you buy the seeds in bulk ie; big sacks from the farms. eg; 10 kg alfalfa seed, 200 kg of wheat seed. 50kg of mung been seeds, etc.

Your total yearly food bill would be around $600 to feed a family of four.

8. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Well-Known Member

...yeah if you didn't die of boredom first.

Not trying to knock your lifestyle or anything, but I'd probably have to shoot myself if I found myself eating 400lbs of beans.

Plus - I have big earlobes remember. I can get away with eating crappy, processed, artificial, salty, fatty, cooked food. I prefer mine on a stick.

9. regularjoe

regularjoe Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same thing. Besides, as the song goes, who wants to live forever?

10. jcusey

jcusey Well-Known Member

Especially if living forever entails a diet composed almost exclusively of sprouts and uncooked vegetables.

11. FzyLgic

FzyLgic Member

12. marc37

marc37 Well-Known Member

l wish l had big earlobes.
    Don't forget: people with big earlobes take their health for granted and end up dying painful deaths in old age.

Lets have quality of life folks. Eating raw food can become habit. lt's very hard to have a 100% raw food diet (took me years of struggle), but once you have got into the habit it is easy.

The feeling of well being surpases any feelings you could ever imagine. (l used to have a revolting diet: changing to a raw diet was worth it. Trust me; you will never look back).

You will never get symptoms of bordom when you eat raw: bordom is a sign of a sick body that will [in time] come inflicted with disease.

When you eat raw, your creative juices will flow, your 6th sense will thrive and your spirituality will soar. Your limitations will be greatly expanded and everything you experience in life will be put into correct context. Seriously: who cares about pies and chips when you can tap into a universal consciousness and the cosmos.

After [cleaning your body by] eating raw for many months you will find normal cooked food will depress you, puff up your stomach and muddy your thoughts.

13. T4phage

T4phage Well-Known Member

(Tokyo Slim @ 26 June 2004, 01:22) ...yeah if you didn't die of boredom first. Not trying to knock your lifestyle or anything, but I'd probably have to shoot myself if I found myself eating 400lbs of beans. Plus - I have big earlobes remember. I can get away with eating crappy, processed, artificial, salty, fatty, cooked food. I prefer mine on a stick.
    l wish l had big earlobes. Don't forget: people with big earlobes take their health for granted and end up dying painful deaths in old age. Lets have quality of life folks. Eating raw food can become habit. lt's very hard to have a 100% raw food diet (took me years of struggle), but once you have got into the habit it is easy. The feeling of well being surpases any feelings you could ever imagine. (l used to have a revolting diet: changing to a raw diet was worth it. Trust me; you will never look back).
    How does healthy/raw food diet jive with your drinking and getting p*ssed and puking??? [​IMG]

14. marc37

marc37 Well-Known Member

As l have said: my diet has been alittle off in the last 3 years (good but not perfect). l am getting my diet back to what it was. (l am completely down the line here; l am not trying to be a guru and preach what l don't practice). l will completely eliminate drinking by the end of the year.

Note: l ate raw and didn't drink alcohol for years until a few beautiful girls [a couple of years ago] offered to buy me drinks. lt was a bid mistake because it has lead to a social drinking habit for three years now. (l underestimated my ability to remain strong. l have learnt my lesson and will be entirely vigilant in future).

I WILL NEVER BE WEAK AGAIN. lt was a learning experience.

15. marc37

marc37 Well-Known Member

16. marc37

marc37 Well-Known Member

Selenium deficiency diseases. [​IMG]

17. marc37

marc37 Well-Known Member

[​IMG] The highest cancer rates will be where the Selenium deficiency is the most prevalent. 100% guaranteed.

18. marc37

marc37 Well-Known Member

A number of people have asked questions about my raw food diet. l will say that l am for real. lf the diet is done properly you will cover all your nutritional requirements. We need 90 nutrients to be healthy. lf you are missing (for eg ) Selenium, you will be prone to the following diseases above [as pointed out in the chart l posted]. Here are diseases related to Copper, Magnesium and Manganese. As l have said; you need at least 90 nutrients to be healthy, if you miss even 1 nutrient you will come down with symptoms and [in time] disease. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

19. marc37

marc37 Well-Known Member

WHY SPROUT SEEDS? Sprouting increases the amount of lecithin and increases the availability of alkalizing minerals to the blood [by decreasing phytin]. Most diets are highly acid (hense nutrient depleting, eg Calcium & Magnesium) and too high in phosphorous. This diet solves that problem. lt is impossible to get a balanced diet from cooked food. When minerals in our diet are in chelated form (from sprouting) their availability to the bloodstream is increased many times (at least 2.5 times [to be precise]) . Copper is absorbed 5.8 times greater, iron is absorbed 3 times greater. (Dr Ashmead study: "Prevention, Nov 1974). During sprouting, the complex proteins of seeds are broken down into amino acids, the amino acids are hooked up to a mineral and a vitamin [forming a natural chelate called an enzyme]. Sprouts are the highest source of enzymes and [consequently] chelated (available) minerals. Eg, sprouted chickpeas and buckwheat have shown b/t 300% to 1,000% increases  in pyridoxine (vitamin B6) and folic acid (vitamin M) over 5 days. (P.Burkholder: vitamins in dehydrated seeds & sprouts). A wheat sprout will increase vitamin c by 600% in 3 days of sprouting. (Dr C.Bailey: thesis). Vitamin B2 will increase 240% after 4 days. With mungbean sprouts, B2 increases 1000% after 5 days. (My testing). l could give testing results all night but the point is: after sprouting seeds, the B vitamins increase from 20% - 2,000%. Vitamin E can increase from 10% to 600%. Beta carrotene can increase up to 20,000%. When you combine the extra vitamins provided by sprouts and multiply that [amount] by the amount chelated, you get the amount of extra nutrition available to you. That's why you don't need to eat much when you eat sprouts: your body has everything it needs. The average vitamin decrease in our farm grown foods is 36% sinse 1972 (A mate Dr Gary showed me his research). The average decrease in minerals is 85% [on average in U.S]. That's why america has a nation of overweight people, they need to eat more to get what skerics of nutrition that are left in their food. also; loss of minerals/nutrition  mean an enzyme deficiency in people. Most overweight people have a deficiency of fat splitting enzyes [therefore their body can't adequately break down the fat in their body. Overweight people are grossly lacking in nutrition: they are actually starving on full stomachs. Unfortunatley; all commercialized farmers only put 3 minerals back into the soil. Phosphorous, magnesium and Potassium. They don't put the other 57 in the soil. (lf minerals are not in the soil, they won't be in the food. lt only takes 8 years to deplete soil of nutrients, so if the farmer only puts in three there is not going to be too many minerals left after planting crops on a field after 8 years. The government needs to subsidize farmers in order to bring back the soils to healthy levels. lt has been estimated that we would have to carve up a mountain twice the size of Mount Everest to do this. lt would cost many trillions of dollars, that's why governments are shirking their responsibilities.

20. marc37

marc37 Well-Known Member

l suppose you could call me the marc grayson of the body consciousness forum. [​IMG] l suppose you could call me arrogant, but not too arrogant [in health] to be a know it all. l have my limitations in certain areas.