• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What did you wear in high school?

Noland

Reaction score
Hey,

Since we're all well dressed now I'm curious what did we all wear in high school?

Or if you're still in high school...

drake

Reaction score
Absolute ****. I don't even want to think about it.

Renault78law

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wore baggy ass jnco jeans with a ridiculously long belt, white t-shirts, and adidas slippers.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
tshirts two sizes too big, cheap cargo khakis, and Skechers.

Come a long way in two and a half years.

Pink22m

Reaction score
I wore alot of Abercrombie and Fitch, especially cargo pants, button down shirts, and sweaters.

I have donated most of my Abercrombie clothing, and my few pieces remaining barely ever see the light of day.

aybojs

Reaction score
During school: Mandatory school uniforms, i.e. khakis and navy or white polos.

Out of school: khakis and polos in other colors, maybe the occasional generic punk/ska band t-shirt or one of the many t-shirts acquired from school activities or sporting events.

For shoes, I almost always some type of Vans sneakers.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
a lot of black.

torn (shredded is a better word) jeans

black leather trench coat

Headphones

Luc-Emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mostly tattersall shirts, plaid shirts, Navy wool crewneck, 501, doc martens, pea coat.

!luc

gorgekko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
High school years: 1986-90

First half: I dressed like a loser. Bad cheap shirts and jeans.

Second half: The ultimate surfer boy...despite the fact I live in northern Canada.

Thank God for university.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
black

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My clothing styles haven't changed since middle school.

I recall wearing blue suede and white spectators in elementary school.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I had to wear a coat and tie everday, so mostly a blue balzer with grey flannels.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
gray scrub pants, ancient tee shirts, sandals in summer, old sneakers the rest of the year, a few home made sweaters and a few sweatshirts. Shaved head. I was trying to achieve a sort of zen monk kind of affect. also, I was dirt poor, and this was economical.

I remember reading an article a few years ago, that the kids who dressed the most radically in high school had the best understanding of status and the relationship between status and dress, and basically dressed down as a reaction, and later in life were the best (or at least most formally) dressed. I thought that that was very interesting, and rang true.

Reaction score
Uniform. In the late 1960's at my high school that meant black pants, white or blue shirt, navy blazer, blue and gold striped tie, black socks and shoes. But that changed radically as we rushed headlong toward the 1970's. We were allowed to wear other sorts of ties, first. Then it degenerated and even pants and shirts could be different. Only the blue blazer remained untouched.

the diplomat

Reaction score
pretty much the same I wear now for leisure...

jeans or khakis, Polo RL poloshirt or button-down-shirt, brougues, loafers or boatshoes (age: 15-19, in Germany you finish secondary school at the age of 19)
before that I had a phase where I only wore skater-clothing (age: 12-15)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads