1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

What did you do last night? (This is How We Roll)

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Matt, Mar 9, 2006.

1. Mr. Argyle

Mr. Argyle Well-Known Member

Saw Revolutionary Road with the lady and some friends. Headed over to a local restaurant/pub after for dinner and some drinks. Nice little evening, even if Kate Winslet helped reinforce my fear of marriage.

My gf and I didn't care much for the ending, and we were even more pissed when we found out Michael Shannon was coming to our university the following week for a Q&A following a free screening [​IMG]

2. Mr.Barry

Mr.Barry New Member

Could you guys give me some advice concerning good places to go in Manhattan?
    I am especially looking for a jazzbar, a whiskybar and a good place to party for a sunday or mondaynight.

Thanks in advance,

3. raclotz

raclotz Well-Known Member

watched a movie named the mighty... then had a bath had a chat with thy neighbour and then slept with her...

4. Alter

Alter Well-Known Member

watched a movie named the mighty... then had a bath had a chat with thy neighbour and then slept with her...

Sounds like a nice neighborhood.

5. West24

West24 Well-Known Member

wanna be my neighbor?

6. Matt

Matt Well-Known Member

hmm lets see....havent posted in here in a couple weeks.

Go back I guess...two Tuesday's ago was five years in Vietnam for me...threw a party at a pool hall/lounge bar. Coincidentally had a visiting forum lurker in town, who joined us. Expected it to be 10-15 people, ended up more like 30. Nice way to mark the milestone.

Last weekend, disappeared up to central Vietnam coast with some friends. Hung out on the beach, got burned to a crisp snorkeling (hideous peeling now). Back Sunday night, boss up from Malaysia. 2 days of board meetings - which are every bit as enjoyable as they sound.

Friends engagement dinner Wednesday night at new-ish restaurant The Deck. Very pleasant riverside evening. Bailed earlier than most - who went on to a club called Velvet - but I was in the middle of a pretty busy week workwise, so did The Sensible Thing.

Friday - slipped out of the office an hour early to do some househunting as I am losing my place in the midst of lots of shady Vietnamese backroom landlord dealings. Seen about 10 houses. 8 complete crap. 1 nice but didnt like the location, and 1 I am currently considering. Gonna call the current landlord in on Tuesday to meet with me, see if we can work something out (not hopeful) but at least have a viable alternative now....

Was supposed to go out with friends last night, but ended up falling asleep at like 9.30. Was also supposed to be going to beach town Mui Ne this weekend, but the organisation was ratshit, culminating in them not booking a private van (4-5 hrs) instead taking a backpacker bus (6-7 hrs) and not having enough rooms booked at the resort. 13 odd hours of bus time for 10 odd hours of beach time not especially appealing. Sharing a suite with newly-engaged fuck-a-holic friend even less appealing....so I politely excused myself. Currently annoyed at nearest woman who has broken all the rules of my house and is watching Vietnamese TV in my room. I may have to kick her out.

7. hipcathobbes

hipcathobbes Well-Known Member

8. Matt

Matt Well-Known Member

phish reunion
    how was it?

9. unjung

unjung Well-Known Member

Had a pretty great weekend, anniversary celebration of a local chapter of my fraternity. Two nights of champagne and beautiful women. Connected with some great alumni from as far away as London, and stole all the undergrads' formal dates, to their great chagrin.

10. visionology

visionology Well-Known Member

Girl's cousin came down from Vermont. We took him to his first winery and he drank his first glass of wine. We did a flight there and he liked the Seyval Blanc the best.

11. LabelKing

LabelKing Well-Known Member

Tonight I think I made myself several homosexualist enemies by making off-color AIDS jokes.

It was a good night.

12. VKK3450

VKK3450 Well-Known Member

he didnt say his neighbor. he said 'thy neighbor', your's

K

13. Alter

Alter Well-Known Member

he didnt say his neighbor. he said 'thy neighbor', your's

K

I had missed that! Ugh..he boffed that 80-year-old grandma that lives next door, eh? It takes all kinds, I suppose.

14. MetroStyles

MetroStyles Well-Known Member

Karaoke until 3:30 on a weeknight. Drank too much. Did not get myself or my friend laid.

Kill me nowwwwwwww

15. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Well-Known Member

Karaoke until 3:30 on a weeknight. Drank too much. Did not get myself or my friend laid. Kill me nowwwwwwww
    (merkured)

16. NakedYoga

NakedYoga Well-Known Member

Saw Ryan Adams & the Cardinals last night. Had great seats: 4th row, right-center. My girlfriend got me the tickets for Christmas. Unfortunately, the show was not so good. I've seen them before, and this show was nothing like the others. Had sound difficulties at the beginning (Ryan Adams claimed they were picking up radio stations in their in-ear monitors... so they had to take like 10 minutes and deal with that), and then they played 1 set which was about an hour and 25 minutes. No encore. House lights came on immediately when they left the stage. Very disappointing.

I was looking at Rolling Stone's website, where they had an article about Ryan marrying Mandy Moore (ugh) in a secret wedding the night before. One guy in the readers' comments claims to have gotten the setlist from a sound guy last night. If what he says is true, the band didn't play 7 songs, nor the 2 song encore they had planned.

Hopefully Mandy Moore doesn't become a Yoko Ono for Ryan Adams. He already announced he is quitting touring to pursue a book-writing career. For us Ryan Adams lovers, there are rumors that he is already working on another album to follow up last year's "Cardinology." Hopefully he sees the error of his ways and keeps making music.

17. Matt

Matt Well-Known Member

a pretty good couple of nights.

Wednesday night, a friend's birthday at wine bar cum restaurant Cepage.

It has occurred to me that I haven't been meeting enough women lately, and the ones that I have been meeting have been..um..kinda disposable. They have largely been disposed of now.

So...anyhow, I dragged myself along to a drinks night with a group of girls that I basically find pretentious, and armed myself with a couple of the boys for insulation. Lo-and-behold...met someone new. Cute Californian Vietnamese girl. Get chatting. Turns out she is a stylist, doing a shoot next week with the photographer-friend who introed us. My Vespa is starring in this particular shoot, so we had something to chat about. We wandered off for Korean food with said photographer. Threw down some soju and generally just got along really well. As we are walking back to Cepage to get our bikes, I try for her number...at about the third digit...well-meaning-but-misguided friend decides to reappear from around a corner and pick her up, spin her round, and walk between us back to our bikes. Result...Matt doesn't get her number. Evil cockblocking bastard. Anyhow, in among that conversation, we did establish that we would both be at the same party the next night, so no real harm done.

Day comes n goes. Boxing class...then off to Vascos for a group b'day party. One of my good friends, a creepy dude that I find odd, and a local girl combined them up and threw a big one. I came straight from the gym, and was the first one there. Grabbed a table on the balcony, had dinner, and set myself. I kinda like being first guy in like that, it means that it all sorta fills up around me, and I have the best seat in the house when it does. Anyhow, Miss California arrives, pulls up a chair next to my best friend and chats to him for a while, flutters around, gets hit on left and right, and eventually ends up sitting back in my little corner chatting. This is a good way for it to unfold. We drink n get drunk. Vascos closes and people move over to seedy hellhole bar Apocalypse. Cali and I getting closer as the night wears on and the wine kicks in, laugh a lot at old dudes with young hookers, board Vespa and head home. A goodnight kiss on the doorstep - very 1950s but I didnt want to play 'nail the drunk chick' with her, and I was on my way home. Checked the clock and was kinda surprised to see it was well after 3. Pretty late for a school night, but a good couple of nights nonetheless.

We're having dinner tonight....see how it plays I guess. Three nights in a row may see us run out of material, but if so, better to know that now.

18. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Well-Known Member

19. Matt

Matt Well-Known Member

Hit that!
    ugh. Well now I am kinda pissed off at the world. She used to date a guy that I am kinda friendly with. He's ok. We have some good friends in common. I learned this last night when she came over to talk to me, wandered off to the bathroom and a friend said 'that's X's ex'. Apparently this morning she SMSed him to let him know we are going to be going out tonight, and he hit the fucking roof. Drama-queen style. Messaged our mutual friends about it and so on. She just called and canceled on me. Said there is too much crap for her to start seeing someone else right now and something about him being jealous and possessive and [random noise]. Fuck. Ironic part about all this is that I first met that guy when he was hitting on my Then Girlfriend like two years ago. I always shrugged that shit off, it would happen 4, 5 times a night, cos she was a hottie, and hotties get hit on, so I never let it bother me. Lots of irony in the fact that a dude who shamelessly hits on my then-gf blows a fucking gasket when I make a date with his ex. Fuck.

20. Alter

Alter Well-Known Member

ugh. Well now I am kinda pissed off at the world.

She used to date a guy that I am kinda friendly with. He's ok. We have some good friends in common. I learned this last night when she came over to talk to me, wandered off to the bathroom and a friend said 'that's X's ex'.

Apparently this morning she SMSed him to let him know we are going to be going out tonight, and he hit the fucking roof. Drama-queen style. Messaged our mutual friends about it and so on.

She just called and canceled on me. Said there is too much crap for her to start seeing someone else right now and something about him being jealous and possessive and [random noise].

Fuck.

Ironic part about all this is that I first met that guy when he was hitting on my Then Girlfriend like two years ago. I always shrugged that shit off, it would happen 4, 5 times a night, cos she was a hottie, and hotties get hit on, so I never let it bother me. Lots of irony in the fact that a dude who shamelessly hits on my then-gf blows a fucking gasket when I make a date with his ex.

Fuck.

I think Kwilk's comment still applies. Hit that!