1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

What comes after the navy blazer?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by math4tito, Aug 9, 2012.

1. BrizzleCizzle

BrizzleCizzle Well-Known Member

I, too, live in a climate that can be uncomfortably warm and have to use an eye for cooler fabrics. For 3 season wear, I lean towards a linen jacket, and to match my style, my current favorite is a light tan linen jacket (the linen adds a hint of texture I love) that looks damn good with dark denim as well as light chinos. If i were in your boots, that would be my next purchase. Partially lined, light in color, hint of texture, linen; while not linen, Banana has a two button jacket made of egyptian cotton that otherwise fits this bill. Then I would consider acquiring a grey suit, light grey, whose pants could be utilized alone without looking like it's missing its other half.

As other's have suggested, shoes, shoes, shoes. The old advice still rings true: shoes will make or break even the otherwise most exceptional of outfits. For the arid areas with rougher terrain, you can of course go with the traditional Alden or Allen Edmonds boots, or you can give RM Williams boots of Australia. I just picked some up recently and am very pleased. Best of luck!

2. BrizzleCizzle

3. unbelragazzo

unbelragazzo Well-Known Member

^even budget, really? Are you sure?

1 person likes this.
  4. Twotone

Twotone Well-Known Member

For hot climates like Texas, my second sport coat would be 1/2 lined in white or off-white (ivory, wheat, dove gray, etc.) cotton or linen.

5. Fraiche

Fraiche Well-Known Member

Unstructured navy linen sport coat with horn buttons or smoked MOP.

6. BrizzleCizzle

I was wondering if I was the only one to take note of such sage advice...

7. MikeDT

MikeDT Well-Known Member

Now the mention of tweed makes me think of this...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 15, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  8. AlexE

AlexE Well-Known Member

Once the blue blazer / blue odd jacket is covered, I'd try to get something for the main seasons

(a) For colder seasons a tweed jacket
    (b) For warmer seasons a linen jacket

In South Texas, I guess you can skip suggestion (a)