1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

What car do you drive?

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by cartisdm, Dec 23, 2010.

1. blofeld

blofeld Well-Known Member

2004 Lexus ES 330 (Millenium Silver with black leather interior and Mark Levinson/Nav sound system. It's been a fantastic car. I just put Kumho Ecsta Platinum tires on it for the first time and like. I have had Michelin MXV4s for a while they don't last much past 22k miles.

just as I suspected, you must be at least 70. I don't think I've ever seen someone under 70 in an ES[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. ennui

ennui Well-Known Member

2004 Lexus ES 330 (Millenium Silver with black leather interior and Mark Levinson/Nav sound system. It's been a fantastic car. I just put Kumho Ecsta Platinum tires on it for the first time and like. I have had Michelin MXV4s for a while they don't last much past 22k miles.

What do you think of the Mark Levinson sound system? I have it in the LS and I think it sucks. It's no better than the Blose in my Maxima; IMO it only sounds marginally better because the LS is considerably quieter inside than the Maxima.

3. Artisan Fan

Artisan Fan Well-Known Member

just as I suspected, you must be at least 70. I don't think I've ever seen someone under 70 in an ES[​IMG] [​IMG]

This post makes me sad. [​IMG]

4. Artisan Fan

Artisan Fan Well-Known Member

What do you think of the Mark Levinson sound system? I have it in the LS and I think it sucks. It's no better than the Blose in my Maxima; IMO it only sounds marginally better because the LS is considerably quieter inside than the Maxima.
    I love it. I did have to adjust the sound on the equalizer to get it perfect (I boosted the mids and highs slightly). The new LS system is much nicer. The ES is a pretty quiet car so I can still easily hear the differences in my various CD masterings. The only thing I miss is an iPod connection. I missed that by one year.

5. ennui

ennui Well-Known Member

I love it. I did have to adjust the sound on the equalizer to get it perfect (I boosted the mids and highs slightly). The new LS system is much nicer. The ES is a pretty quiet car so I can still easily hear the differences in my various CD masterings. The only thing I miss is an iPod connection. I missed that by one year.

Thanks for the pro tip. I will try that out. I did sit in the back and noticed that music was less flat than in the front seats, though I am definitely not an audiophile so I can't describe it in more detail.

I have a 2005 LS 430, not the newer LS 460. When we bought the car, we negotiated for the dealer to put in an iPod hookup, which works but has a horrible UI. It almost made me want to spring for a 2007 or later LS 460, but in the end I decided that the extra $10k premium wasn't worth it.

6. dcg

dcg Well-Known Member

Attached is a photo of my car taken in front of legendary bbq joint Sweatman's.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

also:

[​IMG]

7. 997CTSurg

997CTSurg Well-Known Member

8. brown eyes

brown eyes Well-Known Member

9. Lordkunibert

Lordkunibert New Member

Jaguar XJR 2002
    Jaguar XJS 1995
    Porsche 911 Targa 1990
    Porsche 928 S4 1989
    Jeep Grand Wagoneer "Woody"

10. Kai

Kai Well-Known Member

2004 Dodge Viper (heavily modified)

[​IMG]

1996 Land Rover Discovery (somewhat modified)

[​IMG]

1995 Toyota Land Cruiser (somewhat modified, factory lockers)

[​IMG]

2006 Subaru WRX STi (stock except for suspension and sound system)

[​IMG]

11. *#..

*#.. Well-Known Member

I drive a 2002 Volkswagen Passat

12. EMY

EMY Well-Known Member

2011 Nissan 370Z

[​IMG]

GMR?

13. Huntsman

Huntsman Well-Known Member

Jaguar XJR 2002 Jaguar XJS 1995 Porsche 911 Targa 1990 Porsche 928 S4 1989 Jeep Grand Wagoneer "Woody"
    Always happy to see another XJS driver. Convertible or Coupe?
    2004 Dodge Viper (heavily modified)
    That's some understatement. What did the car dyno at? ~ H

14. 69clyde

69clyde Well-Known Member

2010 volvo xc90 v8 awd, pearl white...

15. Kai

Kai Well-Known Member

That's some understatement. What did the car dyno at?

~ H

Latest dyno was 609 hp and 609 tq

It's naturally aspirated, and I've run it full on for three 20-minute track sessions back to back with no overheating or any other issues (other than hot tires.)

16. eg1

eg1 Well-Known Member

Our cars are old and environmentally egregious [​IMG] :

1998 Aurora
    2000 Lincoln LS

17. The Louche

The Louche Well-Known Member

18. junkyard_sal

junkyard_sal Well-Known Member

In the winter or when I need a beater: [​IMG] [​IMG] In the summer and when I want something nicer: [​IMG] [​IMG] At the track or when I need a fancier beater: [​IMG]

19. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Well-Known Member

[​IMG] edit: you are a man's man. a man who tells women to fuck off when they ask, "why do you have three of the same car?"

20. junkyard_sal

junkyard_sal Well-Known Member

They are not exactly the same but my wife has asked why I need three cars.

If you ask her she will tell you:
    One is too nice to drive every day
    One is too fast and abusive to drive every day
    and the last one would be a bit boring if it was all that there was to drive.