1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

What car do you drive?

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by cartisdm, Dec 23, 2010.

1. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Well-Known Member

I'm waiting for TC to log on.

2. i10casual

i10casual Well-Known Member

A swift little subaru legacy. [​IMG] what ever, it's paid for....

3. emc894

emc894 Well-Known Member

4. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Well-Known Member

Just curious what you mean about the S60 being too small. I have two kids and they both fit fine in a mid-size sedan, even my A4 which has a tiny backseat.

Yeah, I've always found those statements curious. My G35 still has space for an additional car seat!!![​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] If we need to haul stuff, we have the wife's Pathfinder.

Between the two car seats, and double stroller, double diaper bags there's not much room left for groceries/shopping, let a lone another person. With the CRV, we have room for all of that, and a third person can get in and our far more comfortably. We did it for 1.5 years, so its doable, but the smaller SUV is just much more convenient, and much easier. No one knocking their heads putting in/taking out babies, stroller and everything else (hockey bag) fits so much better.

5. Sazerac

Sazerac Well-Known Member

Between the two car seats, and double stroller, double diaper bags there's not much room left for groceries/shopping, let a lone another person. With the CRV, we have room for all of that, and a third person can get in and our far more comfortably. We did it for 1.5 years, so its doable, but the smaller SUV is just much more convenient, and much easier. No one knocking their heads putting in/taking out babies, stroller and everything else (hockey bag) fits so much better.

Valid points, all. Having two very little kids adds a lot of crap to schlep on a daily basis. The stroller is the killer. My girls were born 23 months apart but both hated being in strollers from a very early age, so we ditched them. The strollers, not the kids.

6. thinman

thinman Well-Known Member

Honda Civic. 2005, 2-door.

BALLA!!

7. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

2007 Camry.

8. MBreinin

MBreinin Well-Known Member

9. mr monty

mr monty Well-Known Member

10. Neo1824

Neo1824 Well-Known Member

Hummer H2 in OneWallet(TM) green

11. aphextwin07

aphextwin07 Well-Known Member

'03 Infiniti G35 coupe. When I paid it off, I thought of replacing it with the newer G37, but I prefer the styling of mine.

same, except the '03 model has the worst sounding brakes in the entire world and the car belongs in the pseudo-luxe category as a result. i wanna upgrade to something else just because of this, but it is paid for and i hardly drive anymore now that i live in the city.

12. teddieriley

teddieriley Well-Known Member

13. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Well-Known Member

same, except the '03 model has the worst sounding brakes in the entire world and the car belongs in the pseudo-luxe category as a result. i wanna upgrade to something else just because of this, but it is paid for and i hardly drive anymore now that i live in the city.

what's wrong with the brakes on those just curious? is it a general problem with that model in that year? just a cosmetic issue sound or a mechanical problem?

14. PandArts

PandArts Well-Known Member

Used to drive an 88 Alfa Romeo Spider Quadrifoglio much like this one:

Not my pic...
    [​IMG]

But was not pratical as only car so now I drive a 2004 Honda C-RV LX [​IMG]

15. D Yizz

D Yizz Well-Known Member

LOL! Seems you have the AT model with the weak brakes. If not, and you own the MT with Brembos like me, do not, by any means, buy the OEM brake shoes. Go to tirerack.com and if you want an upgrade, get Hawks. If not, get Satisfied, which are cheaper than OEM and 10 times better. You can get Satisfied brand for the AT's too, and they wont squeal like a pig en route to the slaughterhouse.

16. D Yizz

D Yizz Well-Known Member

Used to drive an 88 Alfa Romeo Spider Quadrifoglio much like this one:

Not my pic...
    [​IMG]

But was not pratical as only car so now I drive a 2004 Honda C-RV LX [​IMG]

No man, the wife ALWAYS get the SUV, even if its a Range Rover or a Cayenne. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

17. Nataku

Nataku Well-Known Member

'01 Volvo S60 T5 with a few mods. As with any Euro car approaching the 10 year mark, it has had given it's share of headaches, but I've seen and dealt with a lot worse.

18. ahe

ahe Well-Known Member

Highlander!

19. lasbar

lasbar Well-Known Member

'01 Volvo S60 T5 with a few mods. As with any Euro car approaching the 10 year mark, it has had given it's share of headaches, but I've seen and dealt with a lot worse.

Are you inspector Columbo or what?

20. George

George Well-Known Member

Are you inspector Columbo or what?
    Didn't Columbo drive a Peugeot? I've just got rid of a Volvo V70. good car.