1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

What can I wear this grey flannel blazer with?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by PTVA, Mar 4, 2016.

1. PTVA

PTVA Active Member

Hello all,

So I bought this grey flannel blazer w/ pinstripes. I have had it for a few months now, and cannot for the life of me figure out what to wear it with. I do not have the pants (they were not available). I feel like if it's not a suit, it just looks weird. Thoughts?

http://screencast.com/t/Ak4onqqo

Thank you

2. Yorker

Yorker Well-Known Member

You are right, if you don't have the pants it does indeed just look weird. If you stick around a while, you'll find that pinstripe jackets (along with a number of other patters) are regarded as "orphans" when they don't have pants.

3. PTVA

PTVA Active Member

haha, I fell for the trap. It looked great in theory from the picture.

Thanks