1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

What Brand of Suit for THIN guy?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by greentorii, Apr 22, 2008.

1. brlfvr

brlfvr Well-Known Member

you could try theory. a friend of mine swears by them, and he's the typical skinny, hipster asian build.

+1 Theory is viewed as being way overpriced here which is somewhat true but is a great option on sale which they are now at the Theory store for 40% off. Not sure what's left but have them search there other stores if you see a suit you like that's not in your size. That's what I did and am very happy with the suit. They are the slimmest cut suits I've come across.

2. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Well-Known Member

Good luck with Ralph Lauren sizing and fit.
    Just look at the shoulder measurements of these suits on Ebay. According to Ralph if you are size US 38R your shoulders should be 19 1/2 ".
    Pretty much everything Ralph Lauren makes (aside from PL) is baggy and a wrong size.

38R in Polo label, i run into 17.5"-18.5" shoulders depending on the cut.

3. academe

academe Well-Known Member

Good luck with Ralph Lauren sizing and fit.
    Just look at the shoulder measurements of these suits on Ebay. According to Ralph if you are size US 38R your shoulders should be 19 1/2 ".
    Pretty much everything Ralph Lauren makes (aside from PL) is baggy and a wrong size.

The Black Label and Purple Label stuff that I've tried on seem trimly cut; perhaps it's a bit more variable with the Polo suits?

4. brlfvr

brlfvr Well-Known Member

The Black Label and Purple Label stuff that I've tried on seem trimly cut; perhaps it's a bit more variable with the Polo suits?

Black is slim cut, but keep in mind the shoulders are not.