1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

What Are Your Top Polo Brand Favorites?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxlivin, Nov 9, 2008.

1. luxlivin

luxlivin Member

What up guys, how's everyone doing?

I was just wondering what the general consensus on the hottest polos in the marketplace today are.. what's on your top ranking polo list?

I personally think RL + Lacoste are still securing the top spots..

2. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member

Don't know about "hottest" but I like Loro Piana for polos. Nice fabrics, last ages, comfy fit without being baggy and not too in your face with the branding. I think there have been several other threads on this topic if you search the board, but probably not too recently.

3. gomestar

gomestar Well-Known Member

John Varvatos Star USA. They're cut perfect with shorter sleeves and shorter length, plus a slightly smaller collar. It looks much nicer than my Lacoste polos.

4. Kaplan

Kaplan Well-Known Member

Is this restricted to cotton pique, branded polos?

If so, I prefer Fred Perry over Lacoste. I don't wear my RL anymore, as they're too long to give me a good fit (I believe most European polos are cut shorter than the American ones).

For more dressy polos, I like Brunello Cucinelli and am thinking about geting a Sunspel.

5. AntiHero84

AntiHero84 Well-Known Member

Fred Perry

+1

6. Mr. Potato

Mr. Potato Well-Known Member

My top favourites currently are J. Crew Tailored Fit and Uniqlo.

7. MetroStyles

MetroStyles Well-Known Member

Uniqlo, RL Custom Fit

Both get bonus points for zero shrinkage after washing/drying. Also a nice slim fit for thin people. I would like to buy some Loro Piana and Fred Perry to see if the fit is actually as slim as these, or if its along the vein of "Brooks Brothers Slim Fit" which is actually a less baggy fit, but still baggy.

Some European designers make decent slim fit polos, for example Armani. But I find these to be way overpriced for the quality, so generally a bad buy.