1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cultpop 0217

cultpop 0217 Well-Known Member

lots of great stuff here but wanted to mention these.

and chris, i'm totally stealing your haircut (well attempting anyway).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. cultpop 0217

cultpop 0217 Well-Known Member

3. Arethusa

Arethusa Well-Known Member

4. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Well-Known Member

Monarchy
    Average Joes
    Puma/FY Mihara

[​IMG]

5. SWB

SWB Well-Known Member

I agree with you that most SuFuers who buy New Standards really want to buy Cures or New Cures, they just don't know it yet. My thighs filled out these New Standards when I first got them (before slouching and stretching), and now they're still slim but have a little room.
    A little late on this too, but aren't New Standards the same in the thigh as New Cures? I was under the impression that they only differed below the knee (NCs more tapered). Kind of worrying me now, as I have NO thighs whatsoever, which has proven a consistent problem for me with denim. Sauce, you saw the fit on my Diors, do you think the thighs are going to look really loose if I go for some NS? (Diors are 31, NS would be a 30). I wouldn't mind a slightly less thin fit overall, but loose thighs on anything tapered looks pretty disgusting to me, would like to avoid that at all costs. Anyway, to keep this on topic, love everything about this:
    Heading out to dinner for my mom's b-day, it's thunderstorming here: Straight gangsta mac' (London Fog) Lands End x me BDC gingham shirt (collar a bit mussed in second photo) 60s Vintage black jacket, you've seen it before RRL blueblack slim C&J Chelsea EGxSF blue belt
    One of the best fits in quite a while, every piece of this is perfect. Also, Waltar and whodini are really holding it down. I don't usually tuck in, but who is definitely the undisputed master of the casual tuck. Soso- take a cue from these guys, ditch the frat-tuck. It's all or nothing, man.

6. ghulkhan

ghulkhan Well-Known Member

5/10 for creativity, reduced to 3/10 for the collar pop and faux whiskering on the jeans. Lacoste sneakers are a tad chav, but that's a UK thing.

By the way, welcome.[​IMG]

According to William Sledd popped collars are in and OK. He pops em all the time

7. A Harris

A Harris Well-Known Member

Dang this thread moves fast, but, Aries, Berlin, Sauce & Soph - thanks for the kind comments. The Barbera coat is a new acquisition, the best buy I've made in a long time. I think it is the best fitting coat I have, I'm loving it [​IMG]

8. dusty

dusty Well-Known Member

H Bar C
    Zara
    Tico Quick Release
    R&B
    Varvatos

Wow, there's a brand called H Bar C? That's nedy as hell.

9. amerikajinda

amerikajinda Well-Known Member

Monarchy
    Average Joes
    Puma/FY Mihara

[​IMG]

I like the shoes a lot! Good look all around...

10. TheHoff

TheHoff Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

LaMatta
    BR
    ES Fulton
    JM Weston
    +dog

11. Augusto86

Augusto86 Well-Known Member

Is that a train?

Is that the Redline?

12. Lv99 Slacker

Lv99 Slacker Member

Noob here.

Is it taboo to ask in these types of threads where people bought whatever article of clothing they're wearing? I'd really like to get my hands on this cardigan:

[​IMG]

13. Chris.

Chris. Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

ann demeulemeester (layered vest)
    ann demeulemeester (necklace)
    drkshdw (t-shirt)
    h&m (pants)
    ann demeulemeester (boots)

14. Augusto86

Augusto86 Well-Known Member

Noob here.

Is it taboo to ask in these types of threads where people bought whatever article of clothing they're wearing? I'd really like to get my hands on this cardigan:

Lol...no, it ain't taboo. The whole thread is basically just to flaunt yo' shit. But knowing Rye, it's probably from England, a thrift store, or some fantastically expensive boutique that was in business for all of 8 minutes. [​IMG]

oh, and @Rye - did you have that scarf for a long time or are you stealing my kaffiyeh steez??!

15. Lv99 Slacker

Lv99 Slacker Member

Lol...no, it ain't taboo. The whole thread is basically just to flaunt yo' shit. But knowing Rye, it's probably from England, a thrift store, or some fantastically expensive boutique that was in business for all of 8 minutes. [​IMG]

oh, and @Rye - did you have that scarf for a long time or are you stealing my kaffiyeh steez??!

Noooo. Gawd. I hope not [​IMG]

16. Omegablogger

Omegablogger Well-Known Member

John Smedley Thorley ES Fulton C&J Chelsea boots [​IMG] Not forgetting it's the height of the English summer, leading to the addition of an Allegri raincoat. [​IMG]

17. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Well-Known Member

Express Tailored Clothing (from a few seasons ago, I guess it was their "upscale" line that fizzled heh)
    5EP Low Down Boot Rigid
    Mantellassi Antiqued Chisel-Toe Loafer

[​IMG]

18. GoSurface

GoSurface Well-Known Member

Noob here.

I think it's Alexander McQueen.

19. migo

migo Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

random tshirt
    Cheap Monday
    Polo suede bucks

20. Aries

Aries Well-Known Member

Express Tailored Clothing (from a few seasons ago, I guess it was their "upscale" line that fizzled heh)
    5EP Low Down Boot Rigid
    Mantellassi Antiqued Chisel-Toe Loafer

[​IMG]

Nice look drizzt, everything flows well. Don't know if it's camera angle and/or your new pose in this pic, but your torso and limb proportions look waaay better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.