1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fuuma

Fuuma Well-Known Member

I really despise Visvim because I think that when you bring nothing to the table design/concept wise at least try to do it for a low price. In other word these might work with the outfit, I just dislike them.

I like colour explosions like your last two outfits but that's not what the current group-think dictates so you might have a harder time having everyone like it. You have the advantage over 19y/o kids that while you don't look old mannish in the least you don't seem to be hypebeasting/riding the hype train either.

2. Chris.

Chris. Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

h&m cardigan
    ann demeulemeester oversized shirt
    ann demeulemeester necklace (worn as tie)
    h&m pants
    ann demeulemeester boots

3. GoSurface

GoSurface Well-Known Member

Going shoppping. I'm wearing socks.

[​IMG]

4. PeasantLLC

PeasantLLC Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    (steven alan poster-boy):
    steven alan shirt
    steven alan police pants
    ps socks
    spring court

5. migo

migo Well-Known Member

After much, much, searching and vacillation, I pulled the trigger on my first pair of decent denim -- Dry Earnest Sewn Rottons, 34x34 -- they came in today and I'm pretty besotted! Put them on right when I got home and haven't taken 'em off. This could be a problem...

Anyway, out shooting this evening, had to wear 'em. Will be wearing them again, tomorrow. Wish the pics were better. Anyway,

Brooks Brothers Safari Jacket
    Polo/Lauren shirt
    ES
    Polo/GVH Chocolate suede chelseas

Thanks,
    Huntsman

a huntsman, indeed!

I'm scared of being beat up for wearing sandals, but I'm posting this anyway. The weather is too nice today in Washington DC:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

random aviators
    cheap short sleeve BD
    polo
    sandals my mother bought for me from India

6. aFancyHome

aFancyHome Active Member

[​IMG] h&m cardigan ann demeulemeester oversized shirt ann demeulemeester necklace (worn as tie) h&m pants ann demeulemeester boots
    Reading this thread your look isn't always for me, but I'm really digging the footwear you have going on here. Combined with the shorter, slim pants it really looks good.

7. Rye GB

Rye GB Well-Known Member

^^^^^I've been looking around for Chris's Demeulemeester shirt, it's the best looking piece I've seen in a long time.

8. jet

jet Well-Known Member

The more people like annd the more I hate it. It's such a specific style and I'm not trying to pick on Chris in particular but he looks straight off the runway. There are many who mimic these looks by ccp, ann d, etc with no creativity on their own that looking at all this drapey shit is boring after awhile. I like rye's, fuumas, and GS style because they put different shit together forming their own style and it's not like looking at an ann d rack on a mannequin. That's why I like this forum, it's a little challenging. Anyone can look good in a suit and tie so MC bores me.

9. berlin report

berlin report Well-Known Member

what the hell its gay pride today
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Chris.

Chris. Well-Known Member

The more people like annd the more I hate it. It's such a specific style and I'm not trying to pick on Chris in particular but he looks straight off the runway. There are many who mimic these looks by ccp, ann d, etc with no creativity on their own that looking at all this drapey shit is boring after awhile. I like rye's, fuumas, and GS style because they put different shit together forming their own style and it's not like looking at an ann d rack on a mannequin. That's why I like this forum, it's a little challenging. Anyone can look good in a suit and tie so MC bores me.

well, that's the look i actually what i was going for. just because it doesnt look all that different (from the way she styled the models) doesnt mean there wasnt thought put into it. although i agree that yes, her stuff isnt the most versatile, i think alot of the pieces i purchased can be worked into several completely different outfits.

11. Rye GB

Rye GB Well-Known Member

^^^^ Berlin, is that a Paul Smith x Liberty print?. If so I've always wanted one of those, never really figured out what to pair it with. I think GS with his tat's could make one of those look amazing!...hint hint!.. I like the shoes too, not so much the color but you do it well.

12. Rye GB

Rye GB Well-Known Member

well, that's the look i actually what i was going for. just because it doesnt look all that different (from the way she styled the models) doesnt mean there wasnt thought put into it. although i agree that yes, her stuff isnt the most versatile, i think alot of the pieces i purchased can be worked into several completely different outfits.

You provide a great service to H & M mixing in their pieces. Let's see some color accents before the summer comes to a close, come on Chris, you've got the imagination for it.[​IMG]

13. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Well-Known Member

Swedish midsummer:

waiting for the bus to the coast
    [​IMG]
    night time, stupid happy and stupid drunk
    [​IMG]

bonus:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. capnpyro

capnpyro Well-Known Member

what the hell its gay pride today [​IMG] [​IMG]
    That would explain the positioning of the pole! (fantastic shirt)

15. ruben

ruben Well-Known Member

same ol same ol

Ben Sherman shirt
    Cole Haan belt
    Jean Shop jeans
    Paul Smith socks
    Brooks BrosxEdward Green captoes

http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/3926/622picdh5.jpg

These jeans look great on you, I esp. like the higher rise.

16. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Well-Known Member

Berlin, I feel like I've been praising all your fits recently, but I have to say, that shirt fits perfectly. I'm not a huge fan of the jorts, but you're working 'em well. Chris, great once again. Get Smart, always bringing it. I think we're so used to you posting amazing fits that you don't always get the love when you should, but you killed it again. Yesterday: [​IMG] Zara shirt/sweater/whatever PBJs Vans MJ Today, probably the last time I'll get to wear this for quite a while: [​IMG] W+H cardigan (click me for closeup shot if you want to see the gray/white stripe detail) Jay Allen blank t-shirt, purple--thanks LA Guy APC NS Allen Edmond burgundy wingtips from eBay

17. apocalypse later

apocalypse later Well-Known Member

Sauce, that second outfit is absolutely killer.

18. TC1990

TC1990 Well-Known Member

19. ghulkhan

ghulkhan Well-Known Member

sauce, how much did you size down on your apcs ?
    1 or 2?

20. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Well-Known Member

sauce, how much did you size down on your apcs ?
    1 or 2?

I went down 2.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.