1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shellshock

shellshock Well-Known Member

remind me when i get married to post my wedding dress pictures in the streetwear and denim waywn thread. [​IMG]

also, drizzt can't you just accept something that is said without having to come back with an excuse?
    just wondering.

2. poly800rock

poly800rock Well-Known Member

I hem or cuff all jeans that aren't really tappered, say everything above a 7.5" hem, as bigger openings stack in really weird ways IMHO. Of course this doesn't help you much as you probably can barely put your fist in a 7.5" opening but still, with the kind of jeans you wear and the style you're going for I'd say hemming all pairs is pretty much required.

people try to stack everything nowadays and it looks weird sometimes

3. A Harris

A Harris Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bergdorf washed chambray shirt, Sugar Cane Hawaii, Mantellassi distressed leather chukkas with vibram sole, raw leather belt with quick release buckle.

4. Aries

Aries Well-Known Member

A Harris, very nice. I like your style, it's understated and somehow you manage to make your casual outfits look nearly as elegant as your formal ensembles.

5. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Well-Known Member

Mantellassi distressed leather chukkas with vibram sole

They look great. Incidentally, I actually think that the one pair of shoes I have with vibram soles are actually more comfortable than my running shoes. That stuff is unreal.

6. capnpyro

capnpyro Well-Known Member

LOL Drizzzt and his jackets, its hilarious!! I'm sure they look good in person, but OMG online, he never gets enough critism. Its totally satire, its great!! Drizzt and his comments make my day over and over again.

Dude you're not joking, I was giggling reading over the last couple pages.

SoCal2NYC - My puny reptilian brain can't comprehend how many fantastic outfits of these outrageous designer names you have, they always look great, and they're always patterns and colors and pairings that I'd never consider trying like the white jeans with a blazer and a pocket square, loafers etc. Everything always goes together great even if it goes a bit to the 'dandy' side for my aesthetic, you're one of the posters I look forward to seeing pictures from because it's completely different from how I think. Just sayin.

7. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Well-Known Member

8. SoCal2NYC

[​IMG]

Yah,

No matter how much you try, it just doesn't work in any way, shape or form.

Sorry,
    The Bad Guy Part Deux

9. TheHoff

TheHoff Well-Known Member

SoCal2NYC - My puny reptilian brain can't comprehend how many fantastic outfits of these outrageous designer names you have, they always look great, and they're always patterns and colors and pairings that I'd never consider trying like the white jeans with a blazer and a pocket square, loafers etc. Everything always goes together great even if it goes a bit to the 'dandy' side for my aesthetic, you're one of the posters I look forward to seeing pictures from because it's completely different from how I think. Just sayin.
    +1 on that. I'd never wear a sportcoat with tiger eye buttons but man that is a killer outfit today, one of my favorites.

10. Confucius

Confucius Well-Known Member

Everyone seems so harsh! If I had a body type like drizz I would probably find it really difficult to find the right look.

btw, I've been trying to find out what shoulder roping/roped shoulders refer to. Google is no help...

11. A Harris

Thanks Aries and Sauce!

Some of my favorite looks in a while:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well done guys. I've been eying that Bedford jacket for a while, but am hoping to catch it on sale.

Socal, nice look today. I think it is my second favorite, after your very first post in this thread.

12. SoCal2NYC

My jacket today (the brown mohair YSL) had ropped shoulders.

13. A Harris

Kind of what it sounds like. The top of the sleeve at the armhole seam is shaped in such a way that it looks like there is a small piece of rope sewn inside.

14. Confucius

Confucius Well-Known Member

Thanks [​IMG] That's what I figured but wanted to make sure.

15. j

j Well-Known Member

Thanks [​IMG] That's what I figured but wanted to make sure.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

See the bump at the edge? That's roping, really a little roll of cotton padding sewn in around the top edge under the outer fabric.

16. jpgm

jpgm Well-Known Member

went out for a lovely meal for mrs jpgm's birthday last night.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

APC crepe soled boots
    APC stretch cure
    topman t
    calibre merino knit
    jpgm x empress necklace
    thomas meihofer ring

17. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Well-Known Member

Borrelli shirt
    Earl jeans
    Prada belt
    CK socks
    DE bluchers

18. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Well-Known Member

also, drizzt can't you just accept something that is said without having to come back with an excuse?
    just wondering.

I think some points are valid, and others I don't agree with.

I appreciate comments about some of the pieces that I post simply because a lot of the outfits I post in WAYWN are experimental fits that I play around with when I get home. Most of the stuff I actually wear is similar each day and I don't bother to post it (and primarily MC stuff)

I agree that that particular Canali jacket has some issues but I think they can be fixed.

19. ghulkhan

ghulkhan Well-Known Member

i hate to be the next bad guy but everything you wear seems like a terrible fit. maybe you need to try mtm or something if you cant find anything

20. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Well-Known Member

i hate to be the next bad guy but everything you wear seems like a terrible fit. maybe you need to try mtm or something if you cant find anything
    Thanks for your advice. I'll now exercise my right to completely disregard it. I'm also overwhelmed by your stellar and perfectly fitting outfits. Oh wait, you haven't posted any... While I might disagree (at least somewhat) with Socal's opinion about that particular fit, at least he can back up his opinion with excellent fitting and creative looks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.