1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Get Smart

Get Smart Well-Known Member

ok, I will shut the fuck up.. .

naw, I say don't keep quiet. But if you're gonna be critical don't put your own biases into the reasoning why you don't like an outfit. There's lots of looks in here that *I* personally don't like, but do think the wearer looks good in or wears really well. Being critical is great, but do it with objectivity.

2. Halifamous

Halifamous Well-Known Member

Square-ended tie? WTF?

I've never heard of nor seen such a thing...did it get caught in a paper-cutter or something??

Extremely common Mid-Century detail, typically found in skinny knit ties. Many companies still make variations on this.

Yeah, it's a knit tie.

3. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's a knit tie.

Of which 99% of them are square ended. I can't believe that kid had never seen one.

4. AnotherVictim

AnotherVictim Well-Known Member

rover: didnt realize i was trying to impress anyone, its just what i was wearing... [​IMG]

5. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

BTW Jet and LaGuy are posting pics, congrats gents!!

heh. I actually post every so often. I have posted in spurts, so I think that for the last year or so, I actually average about a post a month or so, just all clustered together in a few weeks. I always figure that I will post more, but man, it is work. Big ups to those who post every day.

Rover, seriously man, show a little respect. Critique is always welcome, but critique takes a lot more work than "Metallica tee-shirts are wack lolz." i.e. if you have an informed opinion, please share it. If you do not, then kindly STFU.

6. LA Guy

Of which 99% of them are square ended. I can't believe that kid had never seen one.

Charvet actually makes (or made) one that is not. I personally like the square end for knit ties.

7. eg1

eg1 Well-Known Member

Charvet actually makes (or made) one that is not. I personally like the square end for knit ties.

I have one "pointy-ended" knit tie. No square ones, though I recall my father wearing them in the 70's.

Right now we are going to watch Victoria Day (colloquially referred to as "May 2-4) fireworks (only day besides July 1st, Canada Day [used to be Dominion Day], when that is legal here) at a friend's house:

rather faded GAP relaxed-fit jeans
    white Joseph Abboud button-down (has an almost lace-like vertical in the windowpane)
    Devil's Glen zip-front fleece vest
    black 6-hole docs
    black leather car-coat

8. topik

topik Well-Known Member

LA Guy, how was was that R&B jacket if you don't mind my asking? It really completes your outfit.

9. LA Guy

LA Guy, how was was that R&B jacket if you don't mind my asking? It really completes your outfit.

It was $350, but I got it at Louis, which habitually overcharges on their "casual" brands (for reference, the "worker jacket" sold there for just shy of $300, but goes for $275 at a store across town). However, no one else in Boston carried it. I expect that it would be about $320 at Barneys. Yep, you pay for the privilege of buying stuff at Louis. They apparently have very expensive hangers and shopping bags [​IMG]

10. Coulomb

Coulomb Well-Known Member

[​IMG] tool shirt rm wallet 45 rpm belt sugar cane oki's + messy room

11. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Well-Known Member

It seems I can't stop looking to the right... though this time I had an excuse (one way street, cars): [​IMG]

12. calvin1663

calvin1663 Well-Known Member

great jeans...as to the sunglasses and haircut, you look a tiny bit like chris martin...

13. calvin1663

calvin1663 Well-Known Member

sorry, no pics, my camera's dead...

ll bean fuzzy slippers
    CK belt
    parasuco jeans
    quiksilver shirt

14. Aries

Aries Well-Known Member

Sauce, looking good. Nice punch of color, just the right amount IMHO, and the best background to bring that color out.

15. apocalypse later

apocalypse later Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

tool shirt
    rm wallet
    45 rpm belt
    sugar cane oki's

+ messy room

+1 for the Tool shirt. I'm seeing them July 4th! Shocked to see a Tool fan on Styleforum.

16. j

j Well-Known Member

It seems I can't stop looking to the right... though this time I had an excuse (one way street, cars): [​IMG]
    It's all right dude, you're not an ambiturner. It happens.

17. Joel_Cairo

Joel_Cairo Well-Known Member

It's all right dude, you're not an ambiturner. It happens.
    again with the left cheek to the camera. I demand a direct shot of your right ear, sauce, or I'm starting some serious van gogh rumors...

18. Bergdorf Goodwill

Bergdorf Goodwill Well-Known Member

I really, really hope that Rover wears Burzum T-shirts on the regular.

19. j

j Well-Known Member

Oh, since I always forget to post in here when I don't feel like taking a pic...

Wrangler black cotton western shirt
    UQ greenlines cuffed once
    Perry Ellis or something orange socks
    Jacks
    BR black double-hole belt with copper buckle
    Avirex goatskin A2

20. ratboycom

ratboycom Well-Known Member

Couple days ago (just now catching up, still need pics from yesterday): [​IMG] Crazy Osaka Jikei teacher and I. She pushed a girl out of my arms (who was going to dance with me) and replaced said girl with herself. Me: Overly intentionally curly hair (thanks Gatsby) Velvet Blazer, some skinny tie, cheap slim shirt from express, Trafalgar belt, East German Bloc Surplus document bag, Uniqlo single wash at 6mos wear, black leather pointy shoes basically a normal outfit for me, I need black slim slacks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.