1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. capnpyro

capnpyro Well-Known Member

[​IMG] H&M AA APC Converse and a bonus suit pic, disregard the part of the dress shirt hanging out, it was tucked it when I was wearing it, but a friend wanted me to send them a picture so I sent it before I changed. [​IMG]
    I can't tell from teh picture to much but it looks like the shoulders might be a bit to wide, but I really like it! Who's the suit/shirt/tie by?

2. j

j Well-Known Member

Yeah, so jpgm really needs his tag changed to "prettiest boy on StyleForum". [​IMG]

My Thick as Thieves suit arrived!!!!

Going ridiculously monochrome today (click for suit coat open):
    [​IMG]

And an MC-style closeup:

[​IMG]

This suit is amazing--literally, two compliments on the way to work and three from coworkers so far.

Very sharp! I may have to get one of these for myself... Nice choices on the shirt, collar, tie, knot size, handkerchief, shoes, etc.

That said, I hate to be the one to bring the MC up in this lovefest, but it looks like there may be an issue with the sleeve pitch. All those diagonal wrinkles look like your arms are pulled back, and if it's not just that picture, then the sleeves probably need to be rotated back a few degrees to match your posture. Unbuttoning the top button may completely eliminate it, it may just be the picture, or you may not care (as you already saw, no one but me seems to care [​IMG]) but just thought I'd throw that out there in case you can tweak it for the next order. Unfortunately, it's not a really easy alteration to do - would require removing the sleeve and re-setting it - but it's possible, again if you care.

Anyway, keep it up!

3. Gilead

Gilead Well-Known Member

First time out of the house in a week thanks to sickness. [​IMG] Cheap Monday AA Imperial Gram

4. ratboycom

ratboycom Well-Known Member

Sauce, all I can say is: Wow! That suit trancends the borders of perfect, I think the fit may have ripped the fabric of space-time. I need to get my hands on a TaT before Jason makes it big and jacks up the price [​IMG]

5. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

6. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Well-Known Member

7. berlin report

berlin report Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

to work...

ymc pocketsquare shirt
    themata belt
    lee re con lugger
    dolce & gabbana chelseas

8. berlin report

berlin report Well-Known Member

sorry about the gigantic pic size. i will get the hang of this at some point.

9. Bandwagonesque

Bandwagonesque Well-Known Member

The only thing less comfortable about it than a "normal" suit is that the pants are cut quite slim. I gave Jason my thigh measurements and he cut it very slim based on that, which is exactly what I wanted. I'm so used to slim dry denim that it feels like silk, though. [​IMG]
    The pants are very fitted on me, especially my thighs. But even though they are slim, there is enough stretch in the fabric that they are super comfortable. For my next order, I'm going to have to go with the waist of the 36 pants (30" waist), and the legs of the size 40 pants. Probably the most perfect fitting dress pants I've ever had. I'm going to consider ordering some as seperates next time. I'm really hoping for a job by mid-June so I can afford another 2 suits.

10. jpgm

jpgm Well-Known Member

heading out for a friend's birthday and some tunes tonight...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

vans chukka
    skull 5507xx
    nile band t
    generic hood
    form ring

11. cheapmutha

cheapmutha Well-Known Member

12. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Well-Known Member

Yves Saint Laurent nylon motojacket
    Jil Sander shirt
    Bottega Veneta scarves
    Michael Bastian jeans
    Gucci moc/loafers

[​IMG]

13. michaeljkrell

michaeljkrell Well-Known Member

Gucci Sunglasses
    MJK Arm Pocket Hoodie
    ES Filson

[​IMG]

14. Augusto86

Augusto86 Well-Known Member

Well, I feel sort of ashamed posting after Sauce now as he's stepped up the game for all of us! I'm not surprised you go compliments...did anyone say "It looks like it was made for you?" 'Cause then you could have been witty and said "It was," in a sort of cool J. Bond way. Oh, and GS - do you do the actual sewing or are you the business end or what? I never figured that out

Anyways, here's today's - kind of a redux of one from a few days ago.

MTM Cairo Jacket
    Zara shirt
    Trafalgar belt
    Nudie BOs
    Loake chelseas
    [​IMG]

15. Get Smart

Get Smart Well-Known Member

GS - do you do the actual sewing or are you the business end or what? I never figured that out

Business/conceptual end.

16. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Well-Known Member

Very sharp! I may have to get one of these for myself... Nice choices on the shirt, collar, tie, knot size, handkerchief, shoes, etc.

That said, I hate to be the one to bring the MC up in this lovefest, but it looks like there may be an issue with the sleeve pitch. All those diagonal wrinkles look like your arms are pulled back, and if it's not just that picture, then the sleeves probably need to be rotated back a few degrees to match your posture. Unbuttoning the top button may completely eliminate it, it may just be the picture, or you may not care (as you already saw, no one but me seems to care [​IMG]) but just thought I'd throw that out there in case you can tweak it for the next order. Unfortunately, it's not a really easy alteration to do - would require removing the sleeve and re-setting it - but it's possible, again if you care.

Thanks for the compliments, and thanks for the advice. I noticed that, of course, and in all the pics I posted, my posture was completely normal (for me). I have a tendency to keep my shoulders back and back straight--I think because I had a posture fascist for a fourth grade teacher--and I guess that's causing the twisting. I don't mind it at all, but I had no idea what was causing it until you pointed it out. For my next TaT order I'll talk to Jason about that. Unbuttoning the top button alleviates it a bit, but doesn't entirely eliminate it. Thanks, j.

17. Bona Drag

Bona Drag Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Excellent fit on the jacket, but I'm not exactly sure about the blue on blue here - perhaps someone more knowledgeable than I can issue a decisive ruling here.

Also, Augusto, since I hated on your Aldos, I should mention that those Loakes look infinitely better - great, great fit overall.

18. Get Smart

Get Smart Well-Known Member

Excellent fit on the jacket, but I'm not exactly sure about the blue on blue here - perhaps someone more knowledgeable than I can issue a decisive ruling here.

yea, the navy jacket with jeans irks me too. I think grey khakis could look really good with the navy and brown, and still keep the casual-ness to it. Esp since the pocketsquare seems to be grey so it'd all tie together like an intricate tapestry.

19. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Well-Known Member

Good advice. I only have jeans, though, so I will have to acquire some odd trousers.

20. GameBoy

GameBoy Well-Known Member

First time out of the house in a week thanks to sickness.
    [​IMG]
    Cheap Monday
    AA
    Imperial
    Gram

That shirt is fantastic.
    Great look Gilead.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.