1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bona Drag

Bona Drag Well-Known Member

competition? i dont know what you mean... im only competing against myself
    I know; I'm just f***in' around...the cap and the old truck reminded me of some of your posts, that's all. It's all love here on the Stz. [​IMG]

2. Brian SD

Brian SD Well-Known Member

Jason, is that cardigan an S or an XS? I can't recall, though I seem to remember hearing you sized down.

I like that one a lot. I wish I would have snatched one when they were still around and on sale. This season's cardis are all sold out in XS.

3. Get Smart

Get Smart Well-Known Member

Brian, the gap cardi is an XS...perfect for a 38 chest....maybe a bit loose if yer a 36

4. Brian SD

Cheers Brian. I saw your little comment on the plethora of black in recent posts. I guess the brightness of the kicks got me off the hook.

Hah, well I didn't mean anything harsh by it. It's just that lately I've been seeing a lot of posters who I'm used to posting well-coordinated outfits having suddenly seemed to shift their wardrobe to all black, almost every day. I have no doubts that it works for these people, but I still mourn the loss of greys and colors. I guess I'm going Manton in my old (23!) age. [​IMG]

Wow, that was quick Jason. Thanks. At least now I feel better that I missed it, since it probably wouldn't fit me. I fuckin love today's get-up, dude. The shoes look great too. Did I miss their introduction?

5. Get Smart

thanks Brian.

the shirt and trousers are courtesy of my fiancee who got them for me at Xmas. The trousers have a really cool micro gingham pattern in dark brown/teal

the shoes are a brand that Nordstroms was selling for a while. Full grain reddish brown leather, full brogue, italian last shape. Probably not enough pedigree for guys on MC, but I think they look pretty sharp and are very comfortable, and the price wasnt bad, under $100 on sale.

6. ironman

ironman Well-Known Member

ironman, are those suede oxfords? Day-ummm...the cuffed jeans, the cap, the aviators - well played. Very well played.
    why thank you, sir, i appreciate the kind words. suede bucks, i think they're called, they're from j crew, though i dont know what year.
    i wasn't set on a year for the photo.. i just hopped into that ol 55 and got my steez on.

i dont know what you mean... im only competing against myself
    that's how it should be. you be yourself, i'll be myself, we'll all just be ourselves.. diversity is the spice of life.

7. skalogre

skalogre Well-Known Member

8. Arethusa

Arethusa Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's the one. You can find them on eBay for 20-40. I haven't been able to figure out if the Swedish coats and tunics are repros or surplus, but I suspect repros. No idea what they're like in person.

9. skalogre

skalogre Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's the one. You can find them on eBay for 20-40. I haven't been able to figure out if the Swedish coats and tunics are repros or surplus, but I suspect repros. No idea what they're like in person.

I found some that are suppossed to be NOS, I grabbed one for dirt cheap, see how it works out. Will not be as nice as that coat he got, but hey, it is a lot cheaper (I also really liked the linibg of his jacket but oh well).

10. Arethusa

Damn, where'd you find those?

11. flsxik

flsxik Well-Known Member

levis workwear shirt pbj's jacks [​IMG]

12. Brian SD

camera in a locker room.. classy.

[​IMG]

april 77 (shirt, jacket)
    gap (pants)
    prada (shoes)

13. Get Smart

are you in the women's lockerroom (hence the camera presence)?

what piece is april 77 (jacket?)?...that jacket is hella cool

14. Brian SD

are you in the women's lockerroom (hence the camera presence)?

what piece is april 77 (jacket?)?...that jacket is hella cool

hahaha, no its the mens. the marketing office i work in is connected to the campus gym, so my bathroom is a locker room.

the jacket and shirt are both april 77. the jeans are gap (actually women's jeans), and the shoes are prada. if you end up ordering hte jacket or anything, be wary it's sized unisex. The small is really small... sleeves were 2-3" too short and the shoulders were so tight I couldn't even more my arms. My gf tried on the small and it was a good fit for her (she's a women's small). Mine is a medium.

15. flsxik

flsxik Well-Known Member

looks fantastic WW

16. jet

jet Well-Known Member

Holy shit Brian that jacket is gangsta!

17. ts4them

ts4them Well-Known Member

19cm Black.

I swear if you can't afford Dior's just pickup a thrift pair of 517's and overdye them Black, they fit absolutely the same. I guess I should do a measurement comparison.

Aren't 517's bootcut?

18. Arethusa

Yes. Maybe he meant 514s, but those are straight leg, so I'm kind of lost.

19. cheapmutha

cheapmutha Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    gap
    thrift
    rrl
    converse
    funny face

20. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Well-Known Member

Cheap, get a haircut.

Brian, you've ruined styleforum for other posters. Or something. Fantastic jacket.

[​IMG]

Gap shirt
    Uniqlo cardigan
    Filson belt
    Varvatos cords
    Purcells.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.