1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Get Smart

Get Smart Well-Known Member

aww how cute!

wanna date? bring your velvet jacket [​IMG]

2. veggieman

veggieman Active Member

[​IMG]

Ehh nothing special at all.... tomorrow will be a better day.

3. Rye GB

Rye GB Well-Known Member

thanks Sauce...shoes were Paul Smith antiqued white brogues

Fok...no kidding about riding a scooter in LA, esp where I live. I'd love to get another bike (Lambretta TV175!!!) but there's a good chance I wouldnt see week's end with all the incompetent drivers around my neighborhood. scary shit.

Your not refering to the Asian Grandparents who drive the Gold S Class Merc's, wearing those enormous Battle Star Galactica visors you can buy at the carwash being the danger are you?. My inlaws live in San Gabriel!, you have been warned!.

4. jet

jet Well-Known Member

wanna date? bring your velvet jacket [​IMG]

you promise? [​IMG]

5. whodini

whodini Well-Known Member

you promise? [​IMG]
    Oh you two... I already picture jet's hair blowing in the wind while holding on tightly to GS as they curve through streets racing to the picnic and stroll through the park that awaits them. It'd look like this: [​IMG] Seriously, get a room.

6. Baron

Baron Well-Known Member

No shit, that intersection is the worst. There's no reason not to be using Franklin there for east west travel, or even Los Feliz to Riverside to Allesandro for the back door entrance to Echo Park.

I avoid that intersection at all costs unless I'm coming up Hillhurst. Going down isn't so bad but not nearly the picnic as the former. Any other direction during daylight hours and you might as well pack a lawn chair and a tallboy.

I like to think of it as the moat of Los Feliz/Silverlake with pedestrians as alligators.

7. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

go vegetarian...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

soundtrack of my day:

[​IMG]

NEW ERA cap
    TEMPRAS t-shirt
    STUSSY pullover
    WOOD WOOD jacket
    ACNE jeans
    WOVENs

8. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Well-Known Member

RLP polo overcoat
    RLPL hoodie
    Versace jeans
    Zegna belt
    MJ scarf
    NM gloves
    Zegna socks
    BJ boots

9. cheapmutha

cheapmutha Well-Known Member

[​IMG] wrangler chris vintage belt sam adidas heres the belt:[​IMG]

10. Get Smart

Your not refering to the Asian Grandparents who drive the Gold S Class Merc's, wearing those enormous Battle Star Galactica visors you can buy at the carwash being the danger are you?. My inlaws live in San Gabriel!, you have been warned!.

damn you know the score!! that's EXACTLY where/who I'm talking about. I have seen some seriously scary and whacked shit around these parts.

today:

vintage 60s s/s pullover
    Levis cords
    D&G wingtips

[​IMG]

11. ghulkhan

ghulkhan Well-Known Member

earlier today....

[​IMG]

hey man i was thuinking about getting a vespa too
    a vintage one like yours ..how much do they run around if you want a good deal?
    i was checking out this place...
    www.scooterbottega.com
    my bro has a new one but i think the vintage old ones look better

12. Rye GB

Rye GB Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Practical Day today, plus I'm still sulking about having a half-assed weekend interupted by work!.

Rabbit Fur lined corduroy jacket-Marc Jacobs
    Vintage cotton/rayon western shirt
    RPM-45 Jeans
    Red Wings

13. Get Smart

hey man i was thuinking about getting a vespa too
    a vintage one like yours ..how much do they run around if you want a good deal?
    i was checking out this place...
    www.scooterbottega.com
    my bro has a new one but i think the vintage old ones look better

this bike is my buddy's that recently got running again. I would love to get another ride, but after I move someplace less chaotic than my neighborhood (see above response to Rye's post)

vintage bikes now run a lot, compared to what I remember them costing when I was younger. about 10 years ago a fully restored Lambretta TV175 with all the bells/whistles (chrome, mirrors etc) could be gotten for under $2000. nowadays that same bike would sell for more than $7k. My buddy just sold a Lambretta TV on ebay for $6k and it was stock, just skin and bones but ran. With all the hipsters in the past 5 years wanting vintage vespas the market has shot thru the roof [​IMG] I think most vespas will sell for $2500-3 these days in running condition

honestly, if/when I get another bike it'll be a modern one like the Stella, which *looks* exactly like a vintage vespa but with modern mechanics. I dont have the time/inclination anymore to deal with vintage vehicles breaking down, having also owned a 54 chevy bel air at one point (talk about headaches) it's All Mod Cons aaaaall the waaaay for me....

14. Matt

Matt Well-Known Member

Jason, my mates will fully restore a Vespa or Lambretta for you for like 3k including shipping, do it to your spec etc. They do very nice work....

15. Get Smart

good point m@t...I've seen Lambrettas made for the SE Asian market selling for under $3k restored

16. Blenheimer

Blenheimer Well-Known Member

Those are my RRDG's.

Were these tailored to the same slimmer cut as your RRDS ?

17. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Well-Known Member

Were these tailored to the same slimmer cut as your RRDS ?

Nope, those are actually sized up one, and sit fairly low on my hips; no tailoring except for a hem job after the first wash.

18. Blenheimer

Blenheimer Well-Known Member

19. knucks

knucks Well-Known Member

my camera lens stopped working [​IMG] im pissed

20. cultpop 0217

cultpop 0217 Well-Known Member

this bike is my buddy's that recently got running again. I would love to get another ride, but after I move someplace less chaotic than my neighborhood (see above response to Rye's post)

vintage bikes now run a lot, compared to what I remember them costing when I was younger. about 10 years ago a fully restored Lambretta TV175 with all the bells/whistles (chrome, mirrors etc) could be gotten for under $2000. nowadays that same bike would sell for more than $7k. My buddy just sold a Lambretta TV on ebay for $6k and it was stock, just skin and bones but ran. With all the hipsters in the past 5 years wanting vintage vespas the market has shot thru the roof [​IMG] I think most vespas will sell for $2500-3 these days in running condition

honestly, if/when I get another bike it'll be a modern one like the Stella, which *looks* exactly like a vintage vespa but with modern mechanics. I dont have the time/inclination anymore to deal with vintage vehicles breaking down, having also owned a 54 chevy bel air at one point (talk about headaches) it's All Mod Cons aaaaall the waaaay for me....

very true. we have scooterworks here in chicago and the prices have seriously jumped in the past few years. still, someday i plan on owning a vintage vespa.

about 20 degrees f outside today

[​IMG]

h&m scarf
    vintage leather
    vintage stp t
    nikki sixx
    fresh sk8 hi

[​IMG]

i love this t shirt. it has the same print on the front and back. i was coming out of a show at caberet metro a few years back when i saw some young punk wearing it. i offered to buy it off his back and $5 later it was mine.

yesterdays sunset
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.