1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

What Are You Saying Today? (AKA The Random Thoughts/Blogging Thread)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Fade to Black, May 20, 2008.

1. acidboy

acidboy Well-Known Member

How much cumin should I add in the guacamole?

2. Fade to Black

Fade to Black Well-Known Member

socal- nice trip down memory lane. I actually found that while trying to find thom browne dress shirts. Some guy on sufu mentioned to me that he found them for only $150. I didn't believe him and searched but he later told me he meant black fleece [​IMG]

Black fleece shirts do not compare to TB eponymous label. Something about the way the BF shirts are cut ... it looks very square and stuffy. The TB shirts are much more stylish.

3. GoSurface

GoSurface Well-Known Member

4. HORNS

HORNS Well-Known Member

How much cumin should I add in the guacamole?

None.

Really? Where did you get that recipe that calls for cumin?

Cumin would leave a lingering taste that I would think would be reserved for garlic in guacamole.

5. HORNS

HORNS Well-Known Member

WHY is Naomi Watts, who is one of my most favorite actresses ever, wearing pasties??!?!?!?!?!?!?!

http://img142.imagevenue.com/img.php..._122_851lo.jpg

I'm so glad I didn't marry a blond. They age too quickly.

Is that vain, yes. Would I be happy with a wife who is blond? Who looks like Naomi Watts? Hell yes.

6. acidboy

acidboy Well-Known Member

None.

Really? Where did you get that recipe that calls for cumin?

Cumin would leave a lingering taste that I would think would be reserved for garlic in guacamole.

saw the recipe somewhere i can't remember, anyway i tried it out earlier and i didn't get the lingering cumin aftertaste.

7. HORNS

HORNS Well-Known Member

saw the recipe somewhere i can't remember, anyway i tried it out earlier and i didn't get the lingering cumin aftertaste.

Oh, good. Do you toast the cumin? Even if what you have is already ground, you can throw it into a cold skillet and heat it over a fire while tossing it - it makes a big difference in flavor.

Also, I suspect cumin is one of those things that mellows out after you would put it into a dish such as guac. If you're serving it right away, use less. If you're serving it later, you can use a little bit more.

8. chronoaug

chronoaug Well-Known Member

Black fleece shirts do not compare to TB eponymous label. Something about the way the BF shirts are cut ... it looks very square and stuffy. The TB shirts are much more stylish.
    I agree. I ain't buying no dressed up BB. I remember being angry that i slept through an auction for a thom browne shirt in my size on ebay. I don't think a bit of cumin would overpower something like guacamole. It'll just add a bit more soutwestern smokey flavor.

9. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Well-Known Member

I think both Thom Browne and Black Fleece oxfords serve their purposes each in their own right.

10. HORNS

HORNS Well-Known Member

I don't think a bit of cumin would overpower something like guacamole. It'll just add a bit more soutwestern smokey flavor.

I guess the reason why I wouldn't consider it is because the dishes I usually serve guacamole with are already laced with cumin, so my opinion has that particular bias. Now that I'm thinking about it, I might give it a shot myself!

11. chronoaug

chronoaug Well-Known Member

I think both Thom Browne and Black Fleece oxfords serve their purposes each in their own right.
    They probably do. I didn't know much about black fleece and those guest designer diffusion things make me nervous sometimes. Also, i'm a skinny ma'fucker and i'm guessing that a thom browne shirt would require less tailoring for me. It's a dead issue really, as unless i get really lucky, i can't afford it anyways. Horns- That's understandable. I was thinking of just a side of guac served with chips or something. I can see how a heavily cumined guac with a cumin dish might be overkill.

12. GoSurface

I just got back from the National Gallery of Art and they had this beautiful (although a bit small) collection of Afghani art and jewelry. I always feel this sense of all consuming reverence when I'm in near things that date as far back as 2200 BCE.

13. Connemara

Connemara Well-Known Member

I just got back from the National Gallery of Art and they had this beautiful (although a bit small) collection of Afghani art and jewelry. I always feel this sense of all consuming reverence when I'm in near things that date as far back as 2200 BCE.
    Hmm...wasn't that year the last time you had sex? I bet you're feeling plenty of reverence about that.

14. GoSurface

Hmm...wasn't that year the last time you had sex? I bet you're feeling plenty of reverence about that.

It was, and you're the reason I gave it up.

15. RJman

RJman Well-Known Member

Are most people who self-identify as audiophiles really dumb?

16. redcaimen

redcaimen Well-Known Member

I dont know if dumb is the right word, but whatever the right word is its not a compliment.

17. HORNS

HORNS Well-Known Member

I have really gotten into cooking duck breasts. They're the tastiest things in the world and soooo easy to cook.

18. EL72

EL72 Well-Known Member

Dumb, witless, thickheaded, tiresome, dense...The empirical evidence seems overwhelming.

That said, I don't think I have words to describe those audiophiles who also belong to BMW fanclubs that meet in suburban Starbucks to cruise around in their freshly shined douchemobiles.

19. oneblood

oneblood Well-Known Member

Dumb, witless, thickheaded, tiresome, dense...The empirical evidence seems overwhelming.

That said, I don't think I have words to describe those audiophiles who also belong to BMW fanclubs that meet in suburban Starbucks to cruise around in their freshly shined douchemobiles.

We're talking about audiophiles, people who appreciate high quality sound equipment..correct? Because I used to be pretty into audopphile type equipment and nobody I knew could afford a BMW after the thousands they spent on home stereo equipment, amps, and DJ headphones.

20. VKK3450

VKK3450 Well-Known Member

sailor moon?

I have really gotten into cooking duck breasts. They're the tastiest things in the world and soooo easy to cook.

Please post your method.

I have one which gets pretty crispy skin and renders alot of the fat, but always looking for new ways

K