1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

What are you drinking right now?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by VMan, Oct 25, 2006.

1. b1os

b1os Well-Known Member

PSA: first liter of my Gran Lussos is gone already. 4 or 5 Negronis, rest neat.

2. Geoffrey Firmin

Geoffrey Firmin Well-Known Member

Just finished off the Tanq 10 with lime and tonic. Going to put a dent into the St George Terrior Gin, plenty of ice lemons & tonic on hand.

3. fairlynerdy

fairlynerdy Well-Known Member

Everything in my liquor cabinet, until it's all gone, starting now.

4 people like this.
  4. Resistant

Resistant Well-Known Member

Nice herringbone bone jacket to accompany some gin.
    It's a gin type day. Blue coat St George and 10 here

5. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Well-Known Member

Those are both very good and somewhat unique. I find the Junipero just very clean, slightly aromatic … but pretty versatile. The St. George is a bit more complex IMO. I've only had it neat and in a martini. I'm not sure what cocktails it would be good for however if you wanted to add some ingredients/flavors.

6. marvin100

marvin100 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. denning

denning Well-Known Member

Just purchased a bottle of Green Spot - Leoville Barton edition Irish whiskey, and the Redbreast Lustau edition. Only 6 bottles of each in my province, glad I was able to secure them.

3 people like this.
  8. Resistant

Resistant Well-Known Member

Wonderful find..excellent pot still whiskey

9. Geoffrey Firmin

Geoffrey Firmin Well-Known Member

Not that much of cocktail drinker, actually don't drink many spirits but do enjoy quality gin with tonic and ice. Lemon lime or cucumber depending on the brand and I'm happy. More inclined to imbibing quality wines wines.

The last time I looked the Junipero was $100 a bottle its good but not that good.

10. Kid Nickels

From your "sw of black stump" location I presume you're in Oz? I went to school in Brisbane for a bit. :)

Well damn I think that's pretty close to 3x what I pay so completely understandable … yeah good, but not that good. Unfortunately shipping that gin halfway around the world can't be cheap. Put it on your list ... maybe Santa will hook you up!

Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
  11. pravda

pravda Well-Known Member

I haven't had alcohol in 2 weeks in an effort to lose 10 lbs. and shape v cut abs. So LA Croix and Honest Tea are my drinks of choice. The extra cardiovascular is about to kill me.

12. Piobaire

Piobaire Well-Known Member

Found a bottle. It's really a vodka with quite a bit of character.

[​IMG]

13. PParker ESQ

PParker ESQ Well-Known Member

Almost any gin will adapt itself to an English Garden cocktail, very easy to make and there are a few variations of it. Primarily it’s gin, apple juice, elderflower cordial, a twist of lime and mint. However you can always use elderflower liquer for a little more strength and/or prosecco for sparkle. You can also mess with the botanicals, a little basil or lemon thyme.

Anyway, a very simple yet refreshing gin cocktail.

14. Kid Nickels

^ Nice, thanks.

Glenmorangie 10 and I just ordered a bottle of the Balvenie Doublewood 12… hopefully arrives tomorrow.

15. PParker ESQ

You're welcome, after a few years in the mixology business I have a fair few recipes committed to memory, plus I'm always on the look out when I'm prowling the bars now I'm no longer behind the bar.

Both decent entry level malts there, my preference out of the two is the Balvenie and is in my own back bar. Enjoy!

16. Bhowie

Bhowie Well-Known Member

What was it like making a living as s mixologist?

17. Piobaire

Piobaire Well-Known Member

It was probably a mixed (Lewis) bag.

18. PParker ESQ

Ba dum tishhhh!

Although it does ring true.

Very very tiring, long shifts, unsociable hours, small wage (but not as small as regular bar work), dealing with every type of person under the influence.

On the flip side, great fun, interesting characters, free samples (a massive plus), generous tips, learning a skill for life.

I always liked having an extensive back bar available for experimentation and tasting (of course). Sometimes on quiet day shifts I would just choose random cocktails out of the book. I found the kentucky pear that way. Beautiful bourbon drink.

I was lucky in that I was also signed up to a freelance agency for special events and the pay was extremely good which made up for the shortfall.

Anyway, it was more a hobby than a career. Do I miss it? Yes. Would I go back? No.

19. Bhowie

Bhowie Well-Known Member

That sounds amazing!!

20. PParker ESQ

It certainly had its moments.

Btw I never used a Lewis bag, if we were caught short of crushed ice then a heavy muddler and a Boston shaker was all you needed. Like a pestle and mortar.