• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you drinking right now?

denning

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From the PDT book I had a Persephone last night. Complex and tasty. Needs a different vermouth though. The recipe called for Dolin, but Martini is the only thing I can get in this forsaken wasteland.

1 oz Laird's Applejack
.75 oz Martini Sweet vermouth
.5 oz Bitter Truth sloe gin
.5 oz lemon juice
.5 oz simple syrup
iu8MJ.jpg

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I need to get some Applejack.

denning

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wow, haven't seen a sloe gin cocktail in a good long while. Have you made a sloe gin fizz yet?

Couple weeks ago. Recipe from PDT again. Was good, but I need to tweak it for next time. To be honest, it was rather forgettable which was a disappointment as I was really looking forward to it.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
the other day i got to try a tasting of jw blue, black, dewar's, and anCnoc. i was surprised at how much i actually liked blue. wouldnt ever buy it but wouldn't mind raiding somebody else's liquor cabinet.

anCnoc was delicious. mmm. still thinking about it

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hunts (because you recommended it) or anyone else -- do you get a distinct coffee note from Courvoisier VSOP too?

erictheobscure

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cava with lemon sorbet. I hear the Italian version with Prosecco is called a sgroppino.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Had several vodka martinis (technically, Kangaroo Kickers or Kickers) with bacon stuff olives over a lengthy lunch with Mrs. Piob, the owner of our favorite local restaurant, and his wife. Then one of his wine reps came in and we tasted through a dozen wines. Then our favorite waiter wanted to do a shot of bourbon with me and then I figured I should get home given it is going into Labour Day weekend. Been sipping rye and cokes since I got home with Wiser's Deluxe.

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wha? No Citadelle NP martini? Son, I am disappoint.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I'm trying to talk them into stocking Citadelle :)

Wanted the filler of the coke so I'd slow down my intake. Still relatively early tonight.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I found out my local supermarket actually has Citadelle gin, just never noticed it before. I still have a healthy amount of Martin Miller's left and don't go through gin like I used to, though. They have MM's Navy Strength too.

Last night I drank a bunch of Kona Beers at this deck bar near Roppongi Hills with a bunch of drunk Japanese people and then ended up in the Korean ghetto north of Shinjuku at like 2am. Korean ghetto was kinda scary, actually.

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's all good. :)
On a frightening note, I seem to have finished half of the handle of Citadelle I bought a few weeks ago...which is far from the only thing I've been drinking. My current iteration of a martini is just so damned good.

What ratios did you use again? 4:1?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Exactly. 4:1 and I put in three soup spoons of brine.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads