1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

What are you drinking right now?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by VMan, Oct 25, 2006.

1. Crawford

Crawford Well-Known Member

Dos Equis Beer

Bought it purely for the advertising, but it's a pretty decent beer. Good for a hot day, like a Corona.

2. Matt

Matt Well-Known Member

yeah, I've always like Dos Equis actually. I like it a lot more than Corona, which I just think tastes like watery flat urine.

3. audiophilia

audiophilia Well-Known Member

Audiophilia, if you like that cab, try the 05 BV Rutherford. Same price point, and roundly agreed to be a better wine.

Will do. But the Ray was not all that good, at least for the Canadian price. In my newb/score it'd be 88/100.

4. Piobaire

Piobaire Well-Known Member

Will do. But the Ray was not all that good, at least for the Canadian price. In my newb/score it'd be 88/100.
    I think you're being generous. I cracked a Martin Ray SB last night. Very meh.
    Dos Equis Beer Bought it purely for the advertising, but it's a pretty decent beer. Good for a hot day, like a Corona.
    There's a restaurant chain I've visited, while traveling, called Chuy's Mesquite Broiler. http://www.bajachuys.com/ Nothing better than sitting in the warm sun, in January, having a pitcher of Dos Equis on Chuy's patio, while eating their tri-tip [​IMG] Almost as good as an authentic hole-in-the-wall place like you can find in small towns in the southwest.

5. raven37457

raven37457 Well-Known Member

First post here, cracked a bottle of Domaine Ste. Michelle Brut with some sushi tonight. Now I am drinking Newman's Own Special Blend Extra Bold Organic coffee. Also, the Flavium Crianza 2005 is awesome. I opened close to a case of this already. A great everyday old style wine.

6. Piobaire

06 Siduri Close Pepe. I decanted for 45 minutes. It has been getting nice reviews.

I hated it.

Nose was just hot alcohol. No PN earth or berry. No structure on the tongue, very flabby. High in acid, no depth. Just a very forgettable wine.

7. gomestar

gomestar Well-Known Member

game night, so some Pieroni w/ some of the best Neapolitan pizza around.

And then I'm finishing the night with a glass of gin and a hint of lime (Hendricks, love the cucumber edge)

8. raven37457

raven37457 Well-Known Member

Montinore Estate Pinot Gris 2007 with pan seared NJ sea scallops, finished with a beurre noir. Now drinking Newman's Own Special Blend Extra Bold Organic coffee

9. fcuknu

fcuknu Well-Known Member

game night, so some Pieroni w/ some of the best Neapolitan pizza around.

And then I'm finishing the night with a glass of gin and a hint of lime (Hendricks, love the cucumber edge)

whered you get the pie?

10. fcuknu

fcuknu Well-Known Member

yeah, I've always like Dos Equis actually. I like it a lot more than Corona, which I just think tastes like watery flat urine.

I dont always drink beer, but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis. Thats why I am the most interesting man in the world.

11. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

I dont always drink beer, but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis. Thats why I am the most interesting man in the world.
    [​IMG]

12. gomestar

whered you get the pie?
    Luzzo's (on 96th St.), as recommended by Salvatore Ambrosi. Its only 3 blocks from where I live now. Its just a tiny place and very under the radar, but excellent pizza and superbly priced. Add a Peroni or a light Dolcetto or Barbera d'Asti, call some friends over, and its an excellent night. Also, they have a special going on right now, $1.50 for a slice of cheese, can't beat it (and they actually use the imported mozzarella balls, not the pre-grated stuff from Sam's Club).

13. Piobaire

Having this Grenache tonight.

[​IMG]

14. gomestar

more Pieroni tonight for me.

Pio - give that Barolo 10-15 years, and then decant it overnight. Lovely stuff, I have some single vineyard Barolos from 2001 that I am putting aside with the intention of revisiting in 2 more decades.

15. Piobaire

more Pieroni tonight for me.

Pio - give that Barolo 10-15 years, and then decant it overnight. Lovely stuff, I have some single vineyard Barolos from 2001 that I am putting aside with the intention of revisiting in 2 more decades.

Oh yeah, I intend to give that a long nap. I made the mistake of committing vinfanticide once on a poor Barolo.

16. gomestar

Oh yeah, I intend to give that a long nap. I made the mistake of committing vinfanticide once on a poor Barolo.

though I must say, the I've had 4 fresh Barolos that drank quite well young (they were 2004's!). Very weird vintage.

17. binge

binge Well-Known Member

18. Charger1

Charger1 Member

A shot of Dorville VSOP Brandy to wash down these painkillers [​IMG]

Not my usual repertoire, but I got this excruciating toothache, so trying to speed up the painkilling effects.

Otherwise, I'm quite fond of Martini Bianco, and Campari.
    But not together.

19. Johnny_5

Johnny_5 Well-Known Member

20. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Well-Known Member