1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

weird sticker on my suit?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by zim13, Sep 14, 2011.

1. zim13

zim13 Well-Known Member

hi guys

i recently purchased a Raf Simons suit from Yoox, when i received it i found this sticker on the suit's lining, its under the right breast pocket area, i tried to peel it off and it leaves a glue like residue and i am worried that the dry cleaners wont be able to clean it, the sticker has some info on it (hand written) with info like fabric number and style...etc

anyone what that is? is it safe to remove it? i have never seen this on my other suits before

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

thanks!

2. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Well-Known Member

If you want to remove the sticker then do so and keep for future reference. Odourless Paint Thinner or Varsol, sparingly applied on some terrycloth will remove the remaining adhesive in a jiffy with minimal rubbing. Allow to dry 15min. It will leave no trace or stain.
    Welcome to Styleforum.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2011
  3. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Well-Known Member

check in with the SW&D crowd. It might be part of the suit.

4. idfnl

idfnl Well-Known Member

That was my guess.

Vintage ties used to have fabric tags w/ a price that were paper and attached to the tip.

Both ill conceived.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2011
  5. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Well-Known Member

Looks like a sample label to me.

6. zim13

zim13 Well-Known Member

Thanks guys I will take it to the dry cleaner and have them check it out,

Cheers