• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

weight gain vs clothes size

not_a_virus.exe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kajak
Because you had fat excesses. Most people will gain muscle easier when they're above 10% BF since the body likes fat. I think the problem is that we're approaching this from opposite sides - you started being fat and I started being skinny, so I had to eat above maintenance to gain muscle. You could eat at maintenance and gain muscle and lose fat.
i was not fat. and do ANY of those people look fat to start with? GIMME A ******* BREAK.

and why would it matter if you were fat or skinny? as long as you still have body fat, your body has a source of calories to draw from. the only time it would matter is if you have close to dangerously low levels of body fat, which only happens if you were shredded.

Kajak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by db_ggmm
Newbie gains don't count. And all I see are newbies on the adonis site. Newbies drop fat while gaining muscle regardless of diet.

And the adonis guys are small, which disproves the whole "eat less and gain muscle".

that sounds pretty Mens Health ish actually...

not_a_virus.exe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by db_ggmm
Newbie gains don't count. And all I see are newbies on the adonis site. Newbies drop fat while gaining muscle regardless of diet.
and how would you know they are newbies? LOL did you even look at the pictures? i don't know who either andrews are, but the rest of guys certainly don't look like newbies, plus they have been lifting weights for years. myself, i have been lifting weights for more than 5 years.

not_a_virus.exe

Reaction score
And the adonis guys are small, which disproves the whole "eat less and gain muscle". that sounds pretty Mens Health ish actually...
1. if they gain muscle while eating below maintenance, that immediately disproves your claim. 2. everyone is at a different phase in their training. those pics are changes made in 3 MONTHS. 3. if you think those guys on that page are small, i'm sorry, but you have unrealistic expectations set by those who use drugs. newsflash: practically all professional bodybuilders use drugs. #3 is really the root of most guys' problems - they think they can naturally achieve the physiques of others who use drugs. call it ignorance or naivety, but the expectation is nonetheless warped and unrealistic.

Kajak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by not_a_virus.exe
i was not fat. and do ANY of those people look fat to start with? GIMME A ******* BREAK.

and why would it matter if you were fat or skinny? as long as you still have body fat, your body has a source of calories to draw from. the only time it would matter is if you have close to dangerously low levels of body fat, which only happens if you were shredded.

Uh, if you had 4 inches to lose around your waist, you were at least chubby, or on your way to it. Plus your body doesn't like maintaining sub 10% BF, so that's your lower limit for long term gains. And okay, so buddyboy here is at 135 at 10%, so 122lbs lean, 13 fat. He transmutes 5% into muscle. 128lbs lean. He is still 135lbs. A 135 6ft1 guy has NOTHING to lose around the waist, and has gained 6 pounds of muscle. It'll make a difference, but not as much as you might think, since that's a lot of height for it to be distributed over.

Plus his body freaks out after 2-3 weeks of being at 5% BF, which is competition levels.

Kajak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1. if they gain muscle while eating below maintenance, that immediately disproves your claim. 2. everyone is at a different phase in their training. those pics are changes made in 3 MONTHS. 3. if you think those guys on that page are small, i'm sorry, but you have unrealistic expectations set by those who use drugs. newsflash: practically all professional bodybuilders use drugs. #3 is really the root of most guys' problems - they think they can naturally achieve the physiques of others who use drugs. call it ignorance or naivety, but the expectation is nonetheless warped and unrealistic.
Guy I posted above is clean. Olympic sports have rigorous drug tests. 70s big is clean and eats awesome. Mehdi, Rippetoe, etc are clean.

not_a_virus.exe

Reaction score
Uh, if you had 4 inches to lose around your waist, you were at least chubby, or on your way to it. Plus your body doesn't like maintaining sub 10% BF, so that's your lower limit for long term gains. And okay, so buddyboy here is at 135 at 10%, so 122lbs lean, 13 fat. He transmutes 5% into muscle. 128lbs lean. He is still 135lbs. A 135 6ft1 guy has NOTHING to lose around the waist, and has gained 6 pounds of muscle. It'll make a difference, but not as much as you might think, since that's a lot of height for it to be distributed over.

Plus his body freaks out after 2-3 weeks of being at 5% BF, which is competition levels.

1. 10%? are you just making these numbers up? LMAO for men, the essential fat level is 1-3%, NOT 10%.
2. and what do you mean "transmute?" muscle doesn't get converted from fat! dude, even most people know this is a myth!

i'm facepalming soooo hard.

Kajak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LOLOLOLOL you are sooooo naive.

Uh, okay, I know O athletes. They are clean. Almost anyone at that level is stand up guy. You yourself decry the very same culture that says that anyone big is on 'roids, then turn around and say the opposite.

Disclaimer: I don't know O weightlifters, and I'm not bro'ing out on you "dude, I know this guy"... but when the world record holder and a popular guy in another sport gets banhammered for roids, I tend to ******* believe that the other guys are clean. Do you know what the "Whereabouts" program is? once you compete at level X, you HAVE TO register where you are at all times, so they can pound on your door at 5:30 am demanding 200mL of urine.

Kajak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1. 10%? are you just making these numbers up? LMAO for men, the essential fat level is 1-3%, NOT 10%. 2. and what do you mean "transmute?" muscle doesn't get converted from fat! dude, even most people know this is a myth! i'm facepalming soooo hard.
The caloric content buddy. Learn conservation of energy. Which now that I think about, would result in 2x the muscle that I said before, but still, not a ton.

not_a_virus.exe

Reaction score
no wonder there's so much health and fitness misinformation out there. scary ****.

not_a_virus.exe

Reaction score
Uh, okay, I know O athletes. They are clean. Almost anyone at that level is stand up guy. You yourself decry the very same culture that says that anyone big is on 'roids, then turn around and say the opposite.

Disclaimer: I don't know O weightlifters, and I'm not bro'ing out on you "dude, I know this guy"... but when the world record holder and a popular guy in another sport gets banhammered for roids, I tend to ******* believe that the other guys are clean. Do you know what the "Whereabouts" program is? once you compete at level X, you HAVE TO register where you are at all times, so they can pound on your door at 5:30 am demanding 200mL of urine.

thus the source of your naivety.

it's time for you to get some common sense knocked into you, my deluded and brainwashed friend:

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=211780

not_a_virus.exe

Reaction score
The caloric content buddy. Learn conservation of energy. Which now that I think about, would result in 2x the muscle that I said before, but still, not a ton.
and how does conservation of energy play into this? still waiting for an explanation. spouting out catchphrases and buzzwords don't count.

not_a_virus.exe

Reaction score
70s big is clean and eats awesome.
http://www.70sbig.com/?page_id=2

******* LOLOLOLOLOL!

i seriously can't breathe.

someone help me.

yeah, they're big and muscular. and also FAT. strip away all that fat and they'll be just as big as the experienced adonis guys. the experienced adonis guys will also look like that if they got fat.

my ******* god, so this is the root of your problem - you're completely out of touch with body fat levels.

not_a_virus.exe

Reaction score
and if you think those 70s big guys look attractive, boy, you are even more out of touch with reality than i thought. women (barring the exceptions that always occur) do NOT find that kind of physique attractive. they do, however, find the experienced adonis guys attractive. the goal of the adonis program is NOT to get as big as possible, but to get the ideal male proportions and size. however, that's not to say that muscle growth is not a key focus of the adonis guys - pretty much no guy will start off with nearly enough muscle mass.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics