1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Wedding Bands suggestions??

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NMW1982, Aug 25, 2009.

1. NMW1982

NMW1982 Well-Known Member

2. luftvier

luftvier Well-Known Member

I just got my lady's off of Overstock.com, and my own from Amazon.

3. Rob_Sutherland

Rob_Sutherland Well-Known Member

Try blue nile

also unless your hands are fairly small a 4.5mm band will be pretty thin.

I have a 6mm plantium band which I love. Just make sure you get a comfort fit!

4. luftvier

luftvier Well-Known Member

Try blue nile

I just got a 6mm MoP/titanium meself. I enjoy it greatly.

5. Pezzaturra

Pezzaturra Well-Known Member

If you don't want you face scratched get "Comfort fit" bands with rounded edge.

Don't buy wedding bands at Tiffany[​IMG] lol

It is like buying your wedding shoes at Gucci store.

If you care about appearance of your band down the road don't buy gold. It will be scratched to matte finish within 6 months.

I would get very hard steel or other harder alloy.

6. lbcgav

lbcgav Well-Known Member

Most importantly, make sure it fits you properly. I originally got a Palladium ring from Ben Bridge. The guy didn't fit me properly, and while snorkeling in Haunauma Bay, it slipped off my finger. The following week, I spent $200 on a ring at the Jewelry District in downtown LA.

7. NMW1982

What is comfort fit?

Also, aren't the wider rings for people with larger hands? I would say my hands are pretty average in size.

Try blue nile

8. Bradford

Bradford Well-Known Member

Comfort fit just means that the edges are rounded so you don't scratch yourself.

And seriously, don't buy a ring from Tiffany's. Nobody cares where you got your ring - a gold or platinum band is the same no matter where its from.

Get your ring from Costco Costco Wedding Bands.

Either save the extra money or better yet, buy your fiance a bigger diamond or a pair of diamond earrings to match her ring.

9. Rob_Sutherland

Comfort fit is when the inside of the ring is rounded or concave. It is very much more comfortable than a flat inside of the ring.

10. Bradford

Bradford Well-Known Member

Comfort fit is when the inside of the ring is rounded or concave. It is very much more comfortable than a flat inside of the ring.

What he said.

11. mafoofan

mafoofan Well-Known Member

If you're going to stick to a big name jeweler, I prefer Cartier's wedding bands over Tiffany's. The Tiffany Lucida is too round and bulbous, in my opinion. The Cartier wedding band is more tapered toward the edges and has a cut-off so that the sides are flat planes. I think it's more classic looking.

12. modern_leifeng

modern_leifeng Well-Known Member

Recently spent a day ring shopping in HK, after a lot of no's, we went with the 4mm Tiffany platinum with rose gold.

13. NMW1982

Recently spent a day ring shopping in HK, after a lot of no's, we went with the 4mm Tiffany platinum with rose gold.

Actually, I looked at the rose gold and I really like it. However, from what I understand, they don't make rings in 4+mm in rose gold. I think the largest that tiffany's makes in rose gold is 3mm.

I do like the look of rose gold much better than gold and platinum.

14. Rob_Sutherland

Actually, I looked at the rose gold and I really like it. However, from what I understand, they don't make rings in 4+mm in rose gold. I think the largest that tiffany's makes in rose gold is 3mm.

I do like the look of rose gold much better than gold and platinum.

So get a jeweller to make you one! Any good jeweller can make you something as easy as a plain rose gold band...

15. philosophe

philosophe Well-Known Member

So get a jeweller to make you one! Any good jeweller can make you something as easy as a plain rose gold band...

This is definitely the solution. Forget the Tiffany's mark-up.

16. HORNS

HORNS Well-Known Member

Just get matching necklaces like this: http://www.kimericlilot.com/comm10/ Seriously, though, I personally thought simpler was better because I am very touchy about things and wanted something as simple as possible so there'd be no irregular surfaces that I could detect. I ended up getting a platinum band, around 6 mm or less in width, from Baily Banks and Biddle. The reason from there is because my wife found a nice ring from there so we decided to get them both from there.

17. Reggs

Reggs Well-Known Member

My father never wore his ring, neither will I.

18. chenc

chenc Well-Known Member

I wear the 4.5mm Tiffany Lucida. I personally couldn not tell the difference of it from similar (if not identical) bands from Cartier, Mikimoto, or a few online shops offering PT950 wedding bands. I have looked at them in person (except the online shops of course). That is to say, I basically like it, but I'm not sure if worth the price. With that said, the main reason I got a Tiffany was because my wife wears a Tiffany and wanted me to have a Tiffany, too. It's just a dome-shaped band, damn it. If yours doesn't care, you can save $500 just buy buying the same thing from a non-Tiffany seller. I'm sure you will be able to find a few reputable ones. Also, it's a good idea to get comfort fit because these are really more comfortable (from my silver band experience).

19. RSS

RSS Well-Known Member

My father never wore his ring, neither will I.
    Neither did my father ... nor do I. Genetic?

I have rings ... and find I just don't wear them. Well, once in a rare while.

20. hws

hws Well-Known Member

better is never wear a ring, i think ring is pointless!