1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Wedding Attire Advice

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Firefox, Sep 21, 2012.

1. Thrifter

Thrifter Well-Known Member

Given the time of day you're getting married (most of the even will be after dinner), I would suggest that you get fitted a Samuelsohn MTM tux in the style of your choosing and do it properly with a bowtie (a-la blacktieguide.com). Tell your fiancee that your attire is something that is very important to you and it would mean a lot to you if she would back you up on this decision. If after this she still will not be flexible enough to let you choose your own attire then you've got bigger problems coming down the road.

I just got married about 6 weeks ago and wore a 3 piece PRL navy suit with a Kent Wang glen plaid wedding tie. I was very happy with how it looked and my bride was too.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2012
  2. Firefox

Firefox Well-Known Member

The wedding will be in mid-October. Photos will be outdoors around 3:00pm - 4:00pm (i.e. natural setting, bright & leafy fall colours). The ceremony will be 5:00pm-6:00pm in a small 19th-century-style chapel with lots of natural light. 6:00pm-7:00pm is cocktails/mingle and 7:00pm is dinner. In terms of light levels in Toronto at this time of year, by about 6:00pm it starts getting a little dim, and the sun will be down shortly after 7:00pm. The weather will play a big role too, though (i.e. if it's a cloudy day, it will start getting dim earlier).

If I were to tell my fiancee that wearing a tux meant an awful lot to me, I have no doubt that she would (grudgingly) go along with it. But TBH, I just don't have strong feelings about a tux one way or the other. In fact, if I were able to convince her to go the tux route, I'd probably just as soon go with the midnight navy three piece. But I still do really like the stresemann look above.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2012