1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Wearing tool/sport watches with suits?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by CustomWorks, Mar 1, 2011.

1. TheWraith

TheWraith Well-Known Member

I can't believe this!

This place is so strict on every rule. Must only wear x with y. Patent leather for tux. Dress belt must only be be 1" to 1.25". Dress for the occasion. Etc. I'll agree with these rules for various logical reasons.

But these same strict people don't want to wear a dress watch for dress and a sport watch when wearing sport (sport coat, casual, lounge, etc).

Dress watch is meant to be worn with dress clothes. Sport watch otherwise. I know you love your deep sea diving 50+mm multi timezone sparkle metallic bracelets with 3 shades of gold, but it is way out of place much of the time. You cannot pair these watches with everything. It will often look tacky, no matter how expensive the brand.

I disagree. I don't wear my dive watches when I wear a suit all the time, but on the times I do, it looks very good. I also wear a dress watch with my suit. Just depends on my mood on the day.

2. dddrees

dddrees Well-Known Member

This is a sports watch and I have no problem wearing it with suits.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 31, 2015
  3. dddrees

dddrees Well-Known Member

Sue me because I'll wear this one too.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 31, 2015