1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

WE ARE BACK!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by imageWIS, Jan 13, 2005.

1. imageWIS

imageWIS Well-Known Member

The title say it all.

A big thanks to j.

Join me in thanking him:

Jon.

2. Alexander Kabbaz

Alexander Kabbaz Well-Known Member

3. j

j Well-Known Member

Sorry about the purple, I'm working on that. Some of you will be able to use the www.styleforum.net address, while others will have to stick with the numbers for now. I will fix the link on the main pages right away. Don't bookmark anything. Keep checking www.styleforum.net until I announce that the address is stable. And if you are having trouble logging in, try deleting your cookies. (In Internet Explorer, go to Tools> Internet Options> Delete Cookies button)

4. FIHTies

FIHTies Well-Known Member

Leave the purple...Its a refreshing change.

Not that I need a change to the forum but someone who spends many an hour on this forum told me that they like the change.

Yah...

PS: GIVE US BACK OUR SMILEYS... (Some pretty weird ones over at the other place)

JJF

5. FIHTies

FIHTies Well-Known Member

Also...Only 15 threads to a page? And dont forget to add 4 to my post count [​IMG]

6. Mike C.

Mike C. Well-Known Member

Whew... Thank god. If I had to read another thread about Brooks Brothers in the '50's, or Alden cordovan #8 on Ask Andy, I would have went crazy.

7. j

j Well-Known Member

Yeah, all the settings got lost. After I pass out for an hour or so, I will start in on that. A big thank you should go to Peter at Westlin Hosting (peter@westlin.com) and Method at ikonboard, whose email I don't have, for putting up with my incessant pestering and getting the forum put on the new server. I could not have done it without them. Peter wanted to upgrade the forum tonight, but I will tell him I think we should wait a few days to make sure everything's okay and get everyone feeling normal again first. [​IMG]

8. demeis

demeis Well-Known Member

Thanks J, i've been wandering around aimlessly for the past few days, now i can go back to wasting my day here [​IMG]

9. j

j Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, and I will leave the temp. board up for a while so people can transfer anything interesting to the real board.

10. matadorpoeta

matadorpoeta Well-Known Member

i don't read andy's site. i looked at it once and just thought it was ugly. thank you j.

11. imageWIS

imageWIS Well-Known Member

HAHAHA. Well at least I gave them a big shake up with my flaming post...

Jon.

(by flaming, I mean the folder was flaming)

12. RIDER

RIDER Well-Known Member

Thanks J. And I'll get with you tomorrow, second option probably.

Ron

13. j

j Well-Known Member

You're welcome, everyone. And thanks for your patience.

Now since my eyes have turned into perfect 4:3 rectangles with 1400x1050 resolution, and my hands are stuck in keyboard and mouse position, I am going to go drink a "non-soft" drink, and lie down for a while.

14. Andrew V.

Andrew V. Well-Known Member

15. sanmateo

sanmateo Well-Known Member

Many thanks for all your efforts J. You rule.

Best,

Mark

16. modsquad

modsquad Well-Known Member

And thanks for the updates and good communication while you were doing that cyber-juju to relaunch the board. Made the wait much less frustrating.

17. norcaltransplant

norcaltransplant Well-Known Member

Don't you guys have anything better to do... sadly, I the last post before the shutdown was dated January 10th. Why does that seem like such an eternity?

I think I should start an American Trad thread, or a thread extolling the virtues of shell cordovan, or change my name to Marc_Grayson212, MG212, Tsunami... or not.

Nice work J.

18. scnupe7

scnupe7 Well-Known Member

Thanks J.  It has been a long week without the styleforum.  I was so desperate last night, I went to Ask Andy but was immediately turned off by the unattractiveness and slowness of the board.

19. Bradford

Bradford Well-Known Member

Oh thank god. I thought I was the only one who can't stand the obsession with American Trad on that board - threads like "Is this jacket American Trad?" - so what - are you going to return it if it's not - do they think people will mistake them for old New England money or something if they wear J. Press and Brooks Brothers?

Whatever - just glad to have the SF back.

Bradford

P.S. And why is the Ask Andy board so slow? Even on a cable modem it takes forever.

20. jcusey

jcusey Well-Known Member

Always complaining, aren't you, FIHTies? [​IMG] And welcome back, J.