• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WAYWRN - Peacock Edition

jefferyd

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I suppose this belongs in here-- this is the Tom Ford I took apart and then put back together, just cause I had spent so much on it.

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Wait a second.. Those suits you take apart on your blogs are paid for with your own money and perfectly wearable! Wow. I thought they were donated or at the least your old suits that were worn out.
I suppose this belongs in here-- this is the Tom Ford I took apart and then put back together, just cause I had spent so much on it.

SHS

Reaction score

Jefferyd have you ever taken apart an Eduard Dressler jacket, or know something about their construction. I have a MTM jacket on the way. Also, is there another or better thread for me to ask this question?

jefferyd

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

You look very 007 jd, thanks for posting!

Thanks, I think ;)

Wait a second.. Those suits you take apart on your blogs are paid for with your own money and perfectly wearable! Wow. I thought they were donated or at the least your old suits that were worn out.

Some have been donations, others I have purchased. That one I bought, sight unseen (no pictures, nothing)- Andrew Locke went and picked it up for me at C21. It was expensive so I figured I'd put it back together and wear it a bit.

Jefferyd have you ever taken apart an Eduard Dressler jacket, or know something about their construction. I have a MTM jacket on the way. Also, is there another or better thread for me to ask this question?

Sorry, I don't know about them.

Longmorn

Reaction score
Jeff - that looks great, and nice to see you're free of the bandages too.

Cheers,
LM

inlandisland

Reaction score

Jeff - that looks great, and nice to see you're free of the bandages too.

Cheers,
LM

+1. Hope the hand is all better soon.

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Didn't realize that it was a DB. The suit looks different from what I would have expected from the close up shot.

This shot is fantastic because it demonstrates what you meant when you said that the garment is "very much inspired by Savile Row." The lapels, silhouette and length look very British to me; quite different from an Italian DB.

The position of the top buttons though are kind of odd.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
jeffery, that is awesome. bravo!

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
It does look very good, even though not my style at all, but two things make it look a bit strange to me. First is the enormous width of the pocket flaps. Second is the placement of the "show" buttons.

j, I think it would look better if you took those buttons and simply moved them out a half inch on both sides. Would make the coat look less 60s, though.

jefferyd

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

It does look very good, even though not my style at all, but two things make it look a bit strange to me. First is the enormous width of the pocket flaps. Second is the placement of the "show" buttons.
j, I think it would look better if you took those buttons and simply moved them out a half inch on both sides. Would make the coat look less 60s, though.

Thank you. They're not actually "show" buttons- i took those off. You're right that it would look better like that but sine the top buttonhole is intended to function it would bother me a bit, though not for any rational reason. Maybe I'll try it- I can always move them back again.

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score

TF's flaps annoy the **** out of me. I suppose there is some virtue to keeping them thick when he usually has suck thick lapels, but for the most part they look far too wide. Ruins the streamlined/sharp look he seems so desperate to achieve with his cuts...

The way the buttons are arranged gives the jacket a distinctly military feel, IMO. The uniformity and spacing of them reminds me of an officer's overcoat.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
also, you are very handsome :inlove:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads