• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WAYWRN - Peacock Edition

Frankie22

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Oh my gosh these are lush! I'm particularly partial to the 4th one down on the second photo.
The houndstooth! Can you send me one too??
biggrin.gif

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Your fiancee would look great in anything.

Obviously true, but actually all the more reason to applaud that despite that, EFV's other half still clearly enjoys choosing nice outfits.

I'll let you peacocks consider some woolen & cashmere fabrics for ties this fall.

Some of those are really great. The problem I have with wool/cashmere ties is that while I love the texture, when I use them my favoured knot, they always come out very bulky. If I switch to a straightforward 4IH, they work out better, but then the length is skewiff. I suppose that's the reason I should pony up and get them bespoke, isn't it...
laugh.gif

In a similar vein to my last fit in this thread from about 10 days ago, another variant on clashing-in-theory-but-I-still-like-them shirt/bow-ties combos again:

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some of those are really great. The problem I have with wool/cashmere ties is that while I love the texture, when I use them my favoured knot, they always come out very bulky. If I switch to a straightforward 4IH, they work out better, but then the length is skewiff. I suppose that's the reason I should pony up and get them bespoke, isn't it...
laugh.gif

Cappelli ties are kinda made to order. You can choose between several construction methods, as well as determine length and width. I wish there were more makers like that at their price point
smile.gif

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Cappelli ties are kinda made to order. You can choose between several construction methods, as well as determine length and width. I wish there were more makers like that at their price point :)

Sam Hober.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yup, Sam Hober is great too. I meant european makers, I should have specified that, my bad...

Ah, okay. Drake's works for me, and they do MTO as well, I think? Not sure how the prices compare to Cappelli.

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Price is much higher unfortunately (around €195 vs. €120 for a lined 6-fold or €80 for a lined 3-fold...)

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We need more contrast collared shirts up in here.

I'm wearing one today, but I wouldn't say it was 'peacock'...

(It's a Dunhill blue and white pinstripe shirt with white collars and cuffs. Blazer is black wool and cashmere from Bugatti. Tie is Corneliani)

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Drakes MTO is a good idea in theory, but they are fairly expensive and their website has only a fairly limited selection of fabrics for order. Maybe at some point I'll take the plunge.

Thanks for the useful feedback on my last fit. I think today's outfit may just about fits the broadest criteria for this thread, given the rarity/eye-catching nature of a cream linen jacket. Spoiler-coding 'cos it's not exactly material for this thread.

Q5FtD.jpg

Last edited:

leftofthedial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've never posted a fit on here before. Not that I really fancy myself a peacock, but I thought maybe it would fit in..(apologies for the iPhone/Instagram filter)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads