1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by acecow, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Darkside

Darkside Well-Known Member

Great fit. I think it would have been elevated with brown suede boots though. For some reason olive green and white sneakers doesn't compute for me.

1 person likes this.
  2. ErikJN

ErikJN Well-Known Member

Autumn is creeping up in Norway. ASM, Equus, APC, Loake, Saddleback.

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  3. losrockets

losrockets Well-Known Member

@ErikJN I'd personally prefer a slightly higher rise on the jeans or maybe just a let out the cuff by one fold but I really like the look. I'm blanking on ASM, is that an abbreviation or the name of a brand?

4. ErikJN

ErikJN Well-Known Member

Thanks @losrockets - I usually wear pants with a higher rise, however on the jeans front I have trouble finding higher rises. Suggestions are welcome!

ASM is an abbreviation for the Aran Sweater Market

5. losrockets

losrockets Well-Known Member

I find my 3sixteen to actually have a pretty nice rise compared to a few of the other brands I've tried but maybe I've just sized them better? (For reference: Tellason, N&F, APC, Railcar...not sure what else I've tried. I have no experience w/ the high-end Japanese labels, nor Gustin).

Thanks for explaining, I'll look into Aran Sweater Market. A year behind the SF turtleneck craze but still interested in giving it a shot. Combing through the last few pages, @Chulillo that gray turtleneck looks awesome on you, hope you come around/find one that suits you.

6. Chulillo

Chulillo Well-Known Member

Thanks @losrockets I will keep you all posted if I find one that I really like and feel comfortable wearing.

7. Isolation

Isolation Well-Known Member

Received a (trial) shirt jacket from tailor from Hong Kong. Blue is too blue, but I like it. Think I'll get something in linen next time, add side pockets, and make the collars more like a jacket (with lapels)

[​IMG]

I know black trousers aren't popular but, well here it is. I kinda like it. Shoes are brown suede chukkas.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9 people like this.
  8. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Well-Known Member

With that in mind [​IMG]:

[​IMG]

10 people like this.
  9. thefoxtooth

thefoxtooth Well-Known Member

Too blue is just blue enough in this case. I like it a lot.

Black trousers against the "rules" I suppose, but they look fine; the silhouette is good. Love the blazer and scarf.

Also, there is a rule about horseplay near one's shirt pile. A gentleman indulges in horseplay only at a minimum distance of ten paces from his shirt pile. It reduces the chance of mishaps, which could bring dishonour upon his shirtings.

10. thefoxtooth

There isn't much beyond a BB OCBD, some 501s, and a pair of AE Promontory Points here, and not even that past the first 20 seconds or so.

But some of you have expressed an interest, so you can keep watching after that if you care to.

[​IMG]

11 people like this.
  11. EliodA

EliodA Well-Known Member

Good stuff @Isolation , I like both those jackets, blue as well as brown. They seem to fit very well!

12. Thin White Duke

Thin White Duke Well-Known Member

Foxy I urge you to familiarize yourself with the very brilliant Love and Money if you haven't done so already. Your song puts me in mind of a quirky frenetic version of their song 'Looking for Angeline' from the 'Dogs in the Traffic' album.
    They started out as pop/funk band and with each album got more bluesy/country. Their peak was probably the 'Strange Kind of Love' album which had the single 'Helleluliah Man' - a crime that this wasn't a hit!

13. warriortree

warriortree Well-Known Member

I really like that blue jacket... The fit and the colour are awesome Enviado desde mi zapato con Tapatalk

14. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Well-Known Member

Perhaps bluer than what you wanted, but it looks good!

15. JIMB

JIMB Well-Known Member

Still summer here. After a day at the park. Feedback appreciated!

[​IMG]

16. thefoxtooth

Hmmm... I shall investigate

17. Isolation

Isolation Well-Known Member

1 person likes this.
  18. chogall

chogall Well-Known Member

@isolation is such a young labelking in style. Distinctly not #menswear and stands on its own.

1 person likes this.
  19. thefoxtooth

Hey, thanks! Glad you are enjoying the stuff.

Word of mouth is quite a bit harder to get going now that I'm not out busting my ass in a club every night (though my life might be easier), so I'm always happy to hear of folks sharing my work with others.

20. UrbanComposition

UrbanComposition Well-Known Member