1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by acecow, Jul 6, 2011.

1. CasuallySmart

CasuallySmart Well-Known Member

Sounds like you have never experienced finnish summer. [​IMG]

4 people like this.
  2. John Doe

John Doe Well-Known Member

Finnish summer? It's only the first week of August!?!?!? :rimshot:

3. novaeagle

novaeagle Well-Known Member

If he's on a boat (like in the second shot) it makes sense, in my opinion. If you've never been boating, your legs are usually covered by the sidewall but your top often gets cold from the wind blowing at you, so many people bring lightweight sweaters / jackets on boats in certain regions, even in the summer.

Of course, I live in the deep south, so for us it's more like we were as little clothing as possible and then if the boat stops moving you immediately evacuate to the water, but still.

1 person likes this.
  4. CasuallySmart

CasuallySmart Well-Known Member

It is something that never happened. With no joking: I had to use jacket because there was so windy and I had shorts because I didn't expect it to be so cold.

5. Chulillo

Chulillo Well-Known Member

I have worn sweaters and shorts all my life. Now I just don't wear shorts that much but when I was younger that would happen sometimes. You get out of the house in the morning or afternoon with 35ºC and suddenly night catches up with you and it gets a little colder and a sweater comes in very handy, specially if you are in a beach area... the night breeze can get quite chily...

When I was younger (a boy) it was very normal for boys to wear shorts in the winter to schools. We had long trousers or shorts for the uniforms and a lot wore shorts... over here I think it is more of a cultural thing, kind of like what happens in Japan.... shorts and socks that go right below the knees.

My father wore shorts when he was a boy even when it was snowing...he did and every boy in his boarding school.

I have also liked to go training with shorts and sweatshirts since I can remember. I did go to tennis lessons, volleyball, swimming, football/soccer, etc... just like that.... even to competitions I did sometimes.

6. dragos25

dragos25 Well-Known Member

I got chills just reading that, haha. I've seen a handful of people wear shorts in winter here, as a joke or running out across the street for groceries. I'm surprised parents would let kids out in shorts in the winter where you live, in my country no kid is let outside in winter unless he looks like this:
    [​IMG]
    And minimum temps round here are like -15 celsius, most of the time it's like -5 up untill february [​IMG]

7. Veremund

Veremund Well-Known Member

I can't put my arms down!!!

8. JIMB

JIMB Well-Known Member

9. Chulillo

Where I live we really have like a month, two at the most, of real Winter... the rest of the time is either horrible heat for six months or so and then mild temperaturas the rest. Where I live I don't get snow but my dad did get where he was born and taken to school but just a few days a year... nothing too consistent though.

Nowadays over here moms dress their children just like you posted,looking like the Michelin guy LOL ... :p

10. chogall

chogall Well-Known Member

Shorts w/ sweaters is quite normal here in California. Not Barbour coat, but just regular hoodies and jackets.

Sweaters/jackets provide extra warmth in the early morning/late afternoon and at the same time can be taken off during mid day blazing sun.

11. in stitches

in stitches Well-Known Member

Sweater plus shorts is a pretty classic look. Often very Ivy. On top of that, I dont think its uncommon for your legs to stay warmer than your torso, so its often a sensible combination as well.

12. FelixTheFinn

FelixTheFinn Well-Known Member

Yeah, it surely hasn't been too pretty this time around... [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 7, 2015
  13. dragos25

dragos25 Well-Known Member

Wanna trade? Here , the temperatures have been, give or take , around 35-40 degrees celsius for weeks.
    You can't even think with heat like this [​IMG]

14. EliodA

EliodA Well-Known Member

Here it's like that year round. Now you all know why my posts make no sense...

15. colco

colco Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Three different check patterns

3 people like this.
  16. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Well-Known Member

Red cord day:

[​IMG]

16 people like this.
  17. FelixTheFinn

FelixTheFinn Well-Known Member

The grass is always greener...

18. Prince of Paisley

Prince of Paisley Well-Known Member

Indeed! [​IMG]

9 people like this.
  19. Chulillo

LOL hahaha

I am with you on this one... we've had 40ºC + since mid-May or early June... with temperaturas going high as over 50ºC some day... crazy... just yesterday you could not step outside and just breathe right... 100% humidity and 40ºC+ ... one foot out the door and inmediatly all your clothes are soaking wet...

I am longing for Winter so bad... and I am usually a summer person. I love water (sea or pool), I was a competitive swimmer when I was a student and that is something that has kept with me until today and I prefer to swim in open pools or the sea in the spring-summer-fall but now I just want the Winter to come just to be able to sleep without a/c with my Windows open and do things outside that I can't anymore because exercising out these days is like having a death wish or something... :(

I am forced to dress like this mos of the days:

[X]

[X]

[X]

[X]

[X] ​

Imagine any color and I think I have a polo shirt to match it... I wear endless combinations so I am not going to bore you anymore... I said once in here that I am a bright color person and you can see that now haha...

I know you guys think that tucking your polo shirts is for nerds, some of you said it before but I don't, I like it... The ones I have from Ralph Lauren I have to wear them tucked in because they go as long as my knees (I am exagerating now but they are super long) and the other brands I wear them however I feel like wearing them that day...

Last edited: Aug 8, 2015
  20. Koala-T

Koala-T Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2 people like this.