• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a few propper coats but didn't feel like wearing them today. Call it a bad experiment if you want : )
The tie is 3.1' although I agree it does look a bit wide on the picture.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

^Fun fact - Rambo does not even own a tie! :tounge:
I don't think the tie looks all that wide. Agree re: the jacket, though.

Or a suit!

I have a few propper coats but didn't feel like wearing them today. Call it a bad experiment if you want : )
The tie is 3.1' although I agree it does look a bit wide on the picture.

Admittedly, its not the end of the world. Would just look better with a more professional styled coat. Hell, even something like a waxed Barbour in a dark color might work.

Hampton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
well you've got a mustard sweater, grey pants, and chocolate suede shoes. thats just not a great color combo. the overall look though (sweater/pants/chukkas) is nice.
Maybe a darkblue sweater would look better with this outfit?

cbfn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LOVE the jacket, Crat, and the suits looks swell as well. The shoes look ok and the tie know could need some tightening.

Louis XIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Crat, you look way younger on the bad taste pic than what I imagined you to be from your usual fit pics.
Eventhough I agree with the comments on the jacket, your todays outfit is once again very nice!

Crat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks Louis. Like I said the contrast between the old field jacket and the suit was a bit of an experiment.
That bad taste party was quite a few years ago; I'm in my mid twenties now.

Louis XIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Am in my early-mid twenties as well and jealous that you can afford clothes as nice as what you are wearing while I am only able to admire items as nice as that for a few more years till I am out of university.
Great thing though to have other people my age on SF, people around myself prefer to dress in jeans and functional clothing which is a pain to look at.
From your previous pics and your overall style, which is similiar to NOBD and IST, I would have guessed you were in your thirties like I expect(ed) them to be.
But just a few weeks back I got to know Igor is mid-fourties and I still don't know how old NOBD is, so maybe I am just bad at judging dress/people.

Kappelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Am in my early-mid twenties as well and jealous that you can afford clothes as nice as what you are wearing while I am only able to admire items as nice as that for a few more years till I am out of university.
Great thing though to have other people my age on SF, people around myself prefer to dress in jeans and functional clothing which is a pain to look at.
From your previous pics and your overall style, which is similiar to NOBD and IST, I would have guessed you were in your thirties like I expect(ed) them to be.
But just a few weeks back I got to know Igor is mid-fourties and I still don't know how old NOBD is, so maybe I am just bad at judging dress/people.

Much, much younger than Igor. (41...)

Holy ****. I haven't seen one of those watches in ages. its like going in the way back machine.

: ) It's kind of comforting to see one again.

Crat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Flesh-hat much yet, NOBD? :lol:

Last edited:

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads