• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

2x1BY.jpg
vyEsF.jpg

like the shirt.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Good first first post in this thread. I like the combo of items, particularly the colors; however, as you've noted, the shirt is much too full, so much so that it throws off the whole look.

orly?

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't get StyleForum's love affair with nursing shoes.

I like plain canvas sneakers for summer but all white doesn't look right to me.I went with Seavees in navy for this summer.

Instead of all white, I'd probably do something like this:

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
x-posting into the casual thread...

... expecting some dislike for the blue suede shoes.
devil.gif

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

well, i can see where are you coming from. imo, it's a casual look with relaxed trousers and boots and the shirt fits well from the picture...

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I like plain canvas sneakers for summer but all white doesn't look right to me.I went with Seavees in navy for this summer.

I don't get MC's fascination with senior citizen sneakers.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

horrendous

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

hyt123

Reaction score
Yeah, I might return them. Believe it or not, I'm 5'8 and only 145 lbs with decently low body fat. Not adonis (or even close), but I do play tennis three times a week and just finished a round of P90X.

The Brooks Brothers shirt makes me look 30lbs heavier. I guess I'm just going to have to start trying Barba/Finamore/Borrelli from Shop The Finest. I've been scared to do so because I hate ordering things without trying them on, but clearly the ESF's don't work well.

For those that asked, the shoes are Santoni Fatte e Mano. They are my favorite boots I own - I'm thrilled with them. Great construction, beautiful channeled sole, and ultra comfortable.

Maybe try Charles Tyrwhitt tailored fit? I just got some in and these are the first shirts I've ever had that don't need tailoring. The last two auditions were Brooks Brothers Slim (OK in chest and shoulders but the shoulder seams hang just barely off mine and the waist needs to be taken in) and Costco's Kirkland "Slim Fit" (slim, ******).

I had to send my very first CT shirt back to get an additional inch in the sleeves on the replacement but these in 16.5/35 are pretty much dead on for me. 6', 180 lbs, 41.5 chest 31 waist.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads