• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

furo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not sure how "casual" this is, but Happy Easter guys...will be watching Analyze This tonight when the kids go to sleep just to hear Billy Crystal do, "Easter Weekend!" when he sees the paesans at the meetup.
de9551a3.jpg

52bd5398.jpg

3b96d9d4.jpg

G- that jacket is siiick. Love it. If I were ever going to get a bike (prob not happening as the Mrs and I are in discussion for #3, and leaving her a widow with 2 was pushing it) I'd ride with that.[

Jacket's too tight in the waist and not a fan of the extra wide lapel, but the idea is good

It looks like you had the waist suppression applied as a tailoring job, but didn't take into account how bad it made the proportions, especially how it causes the pockets to sit too far around the side

Last edited:

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

There was a British boyband on SNL last night and their supertight clothes/general look made me think of the current trends on SF.

Super low rise + super short jacket... no overlap between jacket and trousers. It's very effeminate, but that's the point. It works if you're comfortable with that (or you're a teenager), but it's generally not a good look on anyone over the age of 25, and in that case it only works on people with a slim (emaciated) build.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

ranger
deets on shoes please
:slayer:
they rock

^ my guess is aldens

Alden x Leffot

Yup. Thx.

Jacket's too tight in the waist and not a fan of the extra wide lapel, but the idea is good
It looks like you had the waist suppression applied as a tailoring job, but didn't take into account how bad it made the proportions, especially how it causes the pockets to sit too far around the side

Nope, this jacket was made for me when I was at 160. I'm now at 175, and almost all of that 15 lbs was muscle in my upper body. Most of my stuff fits this way, and I'll be having it altered this summer. I haven't had the occasion to dress at work, so none of the stuff has been done yet. The stuff that's unalterable I'll be posting in B&S this week. 38 bonanza for folks who like full canvas 99% handmade garments in lux fabrics.

Frankie22

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
New member here!
Great looks gents, I hope to learn from all of you! Sorry for the poor quality photo (tried to avoid looking like a creep while taking this picture)
satisfied.gif

Last edited:

clapeyron

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
NYR how do you manage to keep all your shoes in what looks like pristine, mint out of the box condition? In your current post, but also on your whiskey Alden boots with flippin crepe sole. All it takes is one wear for me and the crepe sole discolours slightly. Or are the streets in Brooklyn just that clean?

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

NYR how do you manage to keep all your shoes in what looks like pristine, mint out of the box condition? In your current post, but also on your whiskey Alden boots with flippin crepe sole. All it takes is one wear for me and the crepe sole discolours slightly. Or are the streets in Brooklyn just that clean?

Prly because he has 600 pairs of shoes.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Prly because he has 600 pairs of shoes.

I wish...

What brand and model are those shoes NYR?

These are Alden x Leffot.

As far as keeping them clean, one thing about Brooklyn is that there's not much "dirt". All concrete, and yes there's crap all over at times, but generally that stuff won't mess up a shoe. I also brush before and after each wear, making sure I clean up any blemishes I see. Its another great thing aout suede, cordovan, and chromexcel (which is what those boots are on), alls it takes is a little elbow grease and 5 minutes and they're good to go. I store them in their boxes under my bed with shoe trees as well. I also try to rotate evenly with the 5 or 6 pairs that I wear often, with boots only wearing a pair at most twice per week, and shoes, once per week.

My go to shoes are:
Carmina WTB (only for dressier occasions)
Whiskey NST
Cigar NST
Cigar LWB
Ravello LWB
#4 WTB
plus 2 suede for spring, Navy LWB and Snuff Captoe

My got to boots are:
#8 Captoe
#8 Jumper
Natty Chromexcel

I also have a pair of Black shell LWB which are worn very sparingly (funerals, night time with a suit, which is twice a year during parent teacher conferences)

The boots get most of the wear, especially October-April. I don't think 10 pair is excessive at all, especially on this forum.

I am DIL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New member here!
Great looks gents, I hope to learn from all of you! Sorry for the poor quality photo (tried to avoid looking like a creep while taking this picture)
satisfied.gif

Your pantaloons are too tight around the crotcheroo. Otherwise, not bad. I'm cool with it, colors and all.

NYR, those shoes are cool.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

Your pantaloons are too tight around the crotcheroo. Otherwise, not bad. I'm cool with it, colors and all.

he wears tight pants to show off his bulge to attract teh foxy ladies!

furo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

New member here!
Great looks gents, I hope to learn from all of you! Sorry for the poor quality photo (tried to avoid looking like a creep while taking this picture) :satisfied:

this comes off as trying way too hard with all the colors - and the purple ps is exceedingly over the top

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads