1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by acecow, Jul 6, 2011.

1. pravda

pravda Well-Known Member

Very nice Chas. You have some impressive labels there.

2. Chas Knight

Chas Knight Well-Known Member

Cheers! Helps working in the industry of course

3. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Well-Known Member

Unbuttoned hidden BD?

4. Chas Knight

Its a really cool tab collar that I just left un-done

5. Thin White Duke

Thin White Duke Well-Known Member

Don't do that. It's not cool!

6. mossrockss

mossrockss Well-Known Member

When it's been 100° the last 3-4 days and you work from home, you don't always dress up. But today I did. Partially in solidarity with all our brethren at #pitti90 and partially just for my own dignity, lol.

Chas looks great and I kinda hate him, btw. :D :slayer:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 14, 2016
    13 people like this.
  7. pravda

pravda Well-Known Member

Simmer down guys... you're both pretty. No need for hateration. Keep the great fits coming lol.

2 people like this.
  8. leisurewear

leisurewear Well-Known Member

Trying out a some new items (sports jacket and shoes both thrifted). Shoes may be a little too formal for the chinos but I kind of liked how it worked out...

Apologize for the bathroom pic, didn't have time to take a picture before I left this morning

Jacket: Jaeger Wool/Silk/Linen blend
    Shirt: CT
    Pants: JCrew Navy Dress Chinos
    Shoes: Black AE Sanford
    Belt: Macy's because I have a mortgage and can't be spending $100+ on belts

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. mossrockss

I'm not the type to give unsolicited opinions about other peoples' outfits on here. But right now, I'm in that mood, so here's my input: 1- Brown SC (nice-looking fabric from what I can tell) would typically indicate you wear brown shoes, not black 2- In fact, you even wore a shirt that would indicate brown shoes, too (looks sorta like tattersall, which makes me think of English tweed) 3- Navy chinos really brings the brown shoe point home. 4- The argyle socks seem a bit out of place. I don't know where you live but I'm assuming it's summer. Argyle is a classic fall pattern associated with fall. So, starting with just the basics, make the shoes brown and make the socks something else (if you dig patterns, try herringbone or houndstooth or pindots; if you're like me, just wear navy socks all the time). You'd raise the level here a notch just by doing those two things.

1 person likes this.
  10. leisurewear

leisurewear Well-Known Member

Thanks, the advice is appreciated. Got similar input regarding brown shoes elsewhere and it's making more sense in my head as I picture it. Sockcraft is definitely an area I haven't had much experience in the past. Any links you would recommend as a starting point?

11. Chas Knight

Cheers Moss! Dig the hell out of those loafers, who are they by?

12. mossrockss

:cheers: they are from Polo, made by AE. Singleton loafer i think they were called...

13. mossrockss

LOL, nope, sorry to say. I've never spent much on socks—I got some cashmere socks free once but they got a hole in them. Bought some over-the-calf socks from some fancy brand, but can't stand how over the calf socks mess with my trousers. So all my socks are Nordstrom Rack, and they are all navy. Need to get some more, actually...

14. An Acute Style

An Acute Style Well-Known Member

Not sure if you're interested in feedback about your outfit, but here goes. I like much of it. I agree with the Duke that you should button your tab collar. I'm sure there are people who think that looks cool, but I don't think there are many around here. It looks sloppy and lazy IMO and brings down an otherwise great outfit. This is a matter of preference, but your pants look very tight. Not slim, but tight like ladies jeggings. The tightness runs up against the fit of the jacket which is very nice. Slim, but not tight. It makes your lower body look disproportionately slim. If you don't care about feedback, feel free to ignore all of this.

2 people like this.
  15. Foxhound

Foxhound Well-Known Member

+1

Pants are too tight and rise is too low.

1 person likes this.
  16. Chas Knight

Thanks for the feedback! (also @Foxhound ). Honestly, I agree with you two; to be honest, if I had the means currently I would have different trousers. There was a time when I wanted the slimmest shit available and thought it looked good. I have learned more now and prefer a slightly more relaxed fit. I still have these and I wear them because they're in my closet. Hoping to get some chinos from Incotex, PT01, Masons, Eidos or Cucinelli soon, but just hasn't rolled around yet.

Cheers gents

3 people like this.
  17. EFV

EFV Well-Known Member

18. Mr Knightley

Mr Knightley Well-Known Member

19. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Luxuire shirt and trousers, Epaulet boots, and some other stuff.

Lots of great fits recently. @gnatty8 I've got some engineer boots coming and your fits are the standard of cool for them. I'm making a close study.

13 people like this.
  20. JohnHunt12

JohnHunt12 Member

I like the jacket!

Always think that shade goes great with dark trousers.