• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WAYWN - The best of

PocketCircle

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas
?? I'm quite serious. Perhaps I'm just an idiot.

Obviously, this is a very well-dressed man, colors and textures and all that, but to me, the cuts that tend to stand out are Matt's, vox's, Doc's, even yours. Perhaps I like a bit more muscular look with a strong chest and waist suppression. I'm looking at il vecchio's, and clearly I am missing something that is flooring everyone else. I came to SF to learn... so here I am, humbly asking a question.

Oh, so you like muscular men?
devil.gif

apropos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aportnoy
Foo--

IMHO, this is shot offers a wonderful appereciation of how good your stuff looks. The posed shots in your apartment pale in comaprison.

Please, more action shots in light of day!!

+1

This was one of the first shots I saw when I first came to SF, and it's my favourite by far, though your DB shot is a close second.

Loosen up, man!
smile.gif

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Harris
May

2455169509_939dda4bed.jpg

Yes! I'd missed that one myself when I was scanning through the year's pics, but this one from LK is a definite pick. Love that coat.

james_timothy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One of my favorite posts- Socal is wearing his Raf Flintstone outfit

Originally Posted by lefty
My wife and I were walking up Madison Avenue a few hours ago on our way to RL to check out sandals.

As you approached she nudged me and said, "Whatever you do, try to avoid what the guy in the mumu is wearing on his feet."

Originally Posted by Socal2NYC
And you were on 76th going TO RL? That means I would have passed you while walking with you not towards you.

The only guy who I noticed that took note was a fellow in front of the Whitney who was dressed pretty dapper. I could say an RLPL or toned down Etro look. Want to say there was either purple or green and gingham in the outfit.

Originally Posted by lefty
Actually, we were on the way from the Mansion to the temp Polo sport location.

That was me. Purple gingham shirt, green cardigan, brown cord jacket, cuffed denim and scotch grain brogues.

My first WAYWRN. Via your eyes.

There is something very postmodern about this.

bmulford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who knew there was this much love for Il Vecchio.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bmulford
Who knew there was this much love for Il Vecchio.

Is it love or fear?

If he's not already the lord of London's criminal underworld he certainly could play the same in the next Guy Ritchie movie where he would simply known as The Italian.

The colour of his pocket square? The colour of your blood, mate.

lefty

EasyGoing

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aportnoy
Foo--

IMHO, this is shot offers a wonderful appereciation of how good your stuff looks. The posed shots in your apartment pale in comaprison.

Please, more action shots in light of day!!

ml.jpg

[/quote]

+1000. Everything looks great and it's all stuff that has been posted and hashed to death previously. Luca looks pretty good too.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Luca's coat has the correct number of buttons.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tutee
I am sure most of you will agree that while this is a great example of well proportioned attire we certainly (over the years) have seen better ones albeit a few. All those points of what other posters said about the fit and other details still holds true but the center point are the clothes as we don't see the wearer.

I made somewhat the same point earlier, but where I disagree with you is in the premise that there is attire that is better proportioned.

The stuff from Russell made up for S. is in the top rank stylistically, plain and simple. But, that rank includes many different approaches...it is not a pyramid leading to a single best. It is, I feel, more like breaking through a barrier beyond which there are many delights...and one of them is how IV is dressed.

In this case, I admire client, tailor, and the basic aesthetic on which both agreed.

- B

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
Luca's coat has the correct number of buttons.

You can't handle single button. Your body is not made for it.

Foof and I, on the other hand, can party it up.

- B

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
but where I disagree with you is in the premise that there is attire that is better proportioned.

I think you must have worded this imprecisely. If you truly believe the above, then you could not object to this:

dean.wide.lapel.jpg

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
I think you must have worded this imprecisely. If you truly believe the above, then you could not object to this:

A Delphic persona worked for Reagan; and it works for me.

- B

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
A Delphic persona worked for Reagan; and it works for me.

- B

Dodge.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads