1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Wardrobe Ideas?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LWNagel, Dec 4, 2011.

1. LWNagel

LWNagel Member

I am updating my wardrobe over the holiday season. I am getting some dark jeans to wear with sport shirts, a pair of light brown/chestnut boots that'll go nicely with them (I already have other dress shoes), and a few argyle/cardigan sweaters to go with the collared shirts I'll be getting. I am also getting a new suit, so don't recommend that. When the Spring sales come I am going to get a few pairs of pants---a lighter pair of khakis for with my brown boots and some other slacks.

My question is...what'll go well with these outfits? I don't want to ALWAYS walk around with the same slacks/collared shirt/sweater ensemble...

Don't suggest "hoodies", but I am open to layering.

First post. I apologize if I am doing anything wrong.

2. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Well-Known Member

Welcome to Styleforum.
    Are you wearing sport coats? Coloured fun socks perhaps? Pants in different colours and textures?
    Do you live in a climate that requires winter clothing? If so, having a selection of soft briefcases, messenger bags, hats, scarves and gloves will create interest in your daily combinations.
    If you would share the following information it will help us to help you better.
    Age | Budget | Location | Lifestyle Needs (example: I work in an office and occasionally go for drinks after work with friends/workmates)
    A few photos of your existing wardrobe will help us help you.
    Lay out your pants on your bed and take a photo.Do the same for your shirts, belts and also arrange all your shoes & boots on the floor in a row and take a photo.
    This way we can see basically what you are starting with and can make suggestions that will be useful to your needs.

3. jrd617

jrd617 Well-Known Member

This is a vague question. Do I have it right that you're asking what will go with "jeans + shirt + sweater"? You need to be a lot more specific if you're going to create a thread like this,

4. GoBlue

GoBlue Active Member

Just get a copy of GQ or Esquire and flip through it, they always think people cant dress. Anyways, you lost me real quick there, so I just stopped trying to figure out what you were asking.

5. sullivan025

sullivan025 Well-Known Member

you should also consider where and when or for what occasion you're wearing the ensemble, in that way, layering or mixing/matching would not be an issue.