1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Voxsartoria's Weekly WAYWRN Subjective and Totally Unfair Digest

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by voxsartoria, Feb 13, 2009.

1. ohm

ohm Well-Known Member

Believe it or not, the restaurant selection here is pretty decent. Obviously not like NY or Chicago, but there are some very good spots. I was half-joking about the food pics, I actually rather enjoy them. I had originally planned to do a collage of all of them but ran out of time.

[​IMG]

2. TC (Houston)

TC (Houston) Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

LOL, sorry, that was a small portion of a much longer thought that got edited out. You can call me captain obvious. [​IMG]

3. TC (Houston)

Thanks again for inviting me to serve as guest editor this week. This week was particularly educational for me, a lot of casual stuff too.

Love the cut of this suit, trou especially.
    [​IMG]

Very well done casual fit. The tie makes a great accessory.
    [​IMG]

Speaking of accessories, accessory count = 9?! Love the shirt/belt/jeans combo here, you do casual almost as well as you do business.
    [​IMG]

It's hard to do a plain white shirt with jeans, but because everything fits so well here I like this. This could use some accessories, you may want to lift some from PG.
    [​IMG]

Very well done, head to toe. Bonus points for stellar execution of smurf trou.
    [​IMG]

Excellent and signature Neo.
    [​IMG]

This is one of the best jacketless profile pics I have ever seen on this forum. The fit of your shirts is perfect BTW. Maybe instead of a trip to HK I should look into a trip to wherever you are getting this stuff made.
    [​IMG]

Very cool, not intuitive to me but I like it.
    [​IMG]

Another great combination of colors here. Wish you would just post pics separately and without the canted angles rather than in this collage format.
    [​IMG]

Outstanding, love this collar with those shoulders. You do the natural shoulder so well I'm actually considering it.
    [​IMG]

Cool tie-less look. I never feel like I can pull of the suit sans tie as well as you consistently do.
    [​IMG]

Great fit on the jacket here.
    [​IMG]

Sweet jeezus!
    [​IMG]

Cool casual look, belt makes it for me.
    [​IMG]

I like all of your work but this one is particularly good.
    [​IMG]

Very nice, although pose sets a new standard for "stiff".
    [​IMG]

Excellent.
    [​IMG]

Very nice combination, especially the choice of trou.
    [​IMG]

Outstanding blue blazer/gray pants fit. So clean. It never occurred to me that black loafers would work with this.
    [​IMG]

This is so exceptional it looks from a different and better era of dressing.
    [​IMG]

Here you take 3 items (shirt, tie and ps) that I would NEVER consider combining, and yet the end product is beautiful. Well done.
    [​IMG]

Excellent. Very natural looking use of a bow.
    [​IMG]

Outstanding combination, one of the best wedding suits ensembles I've seen on this board.
    [​IMG]

As I've noted to others, I love the pairing of the decadant tie with the more simple and rustic looking jackets.
    [​IMG]

Awesome casual fit.
    [​IMG]

This is almost great. I think introduction of a 7th texture and color could have really pulled this together. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Pics of the week, congratulations to you both!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And since this week was lacking in the womenz pics, the full size version of my avatar . . . Dress is Gucci, shoes are D&G.
    [​IMG]

4. Cary Grant

Cary Grant Well-Known Member

The last pic erased all the previous from my addled mind except something about adding a seventh texture. [​IMG]

5. niidawg3

niidawg3 Well-Known Member

And since this week was lacking in the womenz pics, the full size version of my avatar . . . Dress is Gucci, shoes are D&G.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

lol ... great compilation TC. nice work.

6. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Well-Known Member

TC, fantastic work. Thank you.

Who do you favor for tricking into this job for the week from Friday PM 09/25 to Friday AM 10/03...Incontro or Man of Kent?

Or can you favor us with a third week?

Index

Voxsartoria's Weekly WAYWRN Subjective and Totally Unfair Digestâ„¢:

02/13/2009 - 02/20/2009 - 02/27/2009

03/06/2009 - 03/13/2009 - 03/20/2009 - 03/27/2009

04/03/2009 - 04/10/2009 - 04/17/2009

05/01/2009 - 05/08/2009 - 05/15/2009 - 05/22/2009 - 05/29/2009

06/05/2009 - 06/12/2009 - 06/19/2009 - 06/26/2009

07/17/2009 - 07/24/2009 - 07/31/2009

08/14/2009 - Guest Editor: Parker - 08/21/2009 - Guest Editor: Parker - 08/31/2009 - Guest Editor: yfyf

09/09/2009 - Guest Editor: yfyf - 09/18/2009 - Guest Editor: yfyf - 09/21/2009 - Guest Editor: TC Houston09/28/2009 - Guest Editor: TC Houston

WAYWRN Looks Gone Wrong: Photographs Cropped to Protect the Guiltyâ„¢:

02/27/2009 - 03/31/2009 - 04/30/2009

gdl203's Highly Edited and Unexplained WAYWRN Look of the Day

- B

7. dv3

dv3 Well-Known Member

Great week, nice job TC! A lot of bold statements were made and I think you covered them well.

8. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member

Agreed! Great stuff, especially the last pic... [​IMG]

If TC doesn't want to do a third week, I certainly want to see what MoK chooses when he has to be really selective rather than nice to all of us. [​IMG]

9. 0b5cur1ty

0b5cur1ty Well-Known Member

If TC doesn't want to do a third week, I certainly want to see what MoK chooses when he has to be really selective rather than nice to all of us. [​IMG]
    Me too actually...

Another good overview TC (and thanks for the include). The guest editors are actually making things more interesting - it's fun to see what they choose and how it deviates from what you might expect from that poster.

10. Parker

Parker Well-Known Member

I think that was my all-time favorite digest. Some really good looks all around. Nicely edited, TC.

extra style points for beautiful women and yfyf's art library.

11. yfyf

yfyf Well-Known Member

I think that was my all-time favorite digest. Some really good looks all around. Nicely edited, TC.

Indeedy, many thanks for the inclusion and nice job on the digest. It was a good week too!

12. TC (Houston)

Who do you favor for tricking into this job for the week from Friday PM 09/25 to Friday AM 10/03...Incontro or Man of Kent?

Or can you favor us with a third week?

Thanks again for the opportunity, B, it was a lot of fun and I learned a lot. I think I will step aside for now and let the forum have some new perspective. I like both of your picks for the next editor but I think MoK makes sense since he's been so active for so long. Incontro should have a shot soon too.

Wow, thanks Parker, I'm flattered.

Thanks to the rest of you guys for the kind words. I look forward to doing it again sometime in the future.

13. bigbris1

bigbris1 Well-Known Member

TC, welcome to the hot wife club [​IMG]

14. Neofinitia

Neofinitia Well-Known Member

15. Cary Grant

Cary Grant Well-Known Member

^^^Which reminds me. I dearly want Neo to have a go-round at this. [​IMG]

16. gregaz

gregaz Well-Known Member

Thanks for the work, TC! I can't believe I am included twice in my first week, with such a picky editor at the helm, and when there are so many other amazing looks! You are definitely encouraging! And thank you for the feedback on collage - I asked for format feedback the first time I posted, and no one said anything. I will switch to single photos.

[​IMG]

17. CDFS

CDFS Well-Known Member

18. Neofinitia

Neofinitia Well-Known Member

^^^Which reminds me. I dearly want Neo to have a go-round at this. [​IMG]
    Are you out of your mind?

19. niidawg3

niidawg3 Well-Known Member

Agreed! Great stuff, especially the last pic... [​IMG]

+1 on Mok ... Lol ... it would be torture for him to be selective.

20. luftvier

luftvier Well-Known Member

Thanks again for inviting me to serve as guest editor this week. This week was particularly educational for me, a lot of casual stuff too. * * * And since this week was lacking in the womenz pics, the full size version of my avatar . . . Dress is Gucci, shoes are D&G. [​IMG]
    Best digest ever, if only for this ^^^ [​IMG]