1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Voxsartoria's Weekly WAYWRN Subjective and Totally Unfair Digest

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by voxsartoria, Feb 13, 2009.

1. yfyf

yfyf Well-Known Member

Good selection. Though nearly exhaustive, it merely reflected an excellent week in sartorialand.

The sad part is I actually had 70+ photos I wanted to comment on and I pared it down to 30-ish. You never realize how many WAYWT photos there are in a week until you actually have to look at every single one.

Furthermore, I still consider this a "digest" so it's not necessarily just the best stuff, but also the things that were noteworthy for better or worse or weird.

Anyway, many thanks all for the kind words.

2. chorse123

chorse123 Well-Known Member

Nice digest, and I say this without regard to being in their twice. Also, Parker and I are wearing the same tie. [​IMG]

The subjective digest is really useful. I check the thread every day, and have my settings such that I see the most possible posts per page, and it's still difficult to keep up. I wouldn't have seen niidawg's great use of light blue, gray, and white, for example.

3. kaxixi

kaxixi Well-Known Member

Thanks for doing this.

4. barims

barims Well-Known Member

My friend, I laughed. I haven't laughed all day. I needed this. If you could handle it, I'd back you for Bill's full time successor

I also needed:

Quirky choice of accessories but does not look forced. While my favourite is the tie, the soft collar and old school narrower lapelled 3-button complement it perfectly.

Thank you. I hadn't really noticed the alleged level of feedback on WAYWRN going down until you included these breakdowns amongst the snark. This is why I want you to co-write my blog. Aside from encouraging me to experiment with 3 button suits more, you've also got me thinking that not wearing that tie to the interview cost me the job. I'll wear it more often

The pen is the first sign of my assimilation into the groupthink here

My favourite of yours, you should wear dark colours more. Looks great, unable to produce snark.

I agree. Adding bows has added a new dimension to MoK's ensembles. Phat Graham should start wearing them again, if he's not left them all in HKG, that is

A nice colour combination but slightly reminiscent of a gay real estate agent driving a pastel green Ford Thunderbird.

Best "Oh snap!" soundbite

I agree on Luftvier's mad cosplay skills. He has a good eye

5. Baron

Baron Well-Known Member

I just returned from a week long vacation with limited internet access and this was so much nicer than going through the waywt thread that I think the digest might become my sole method of viewing waywt. It would be nice if you posted the pics with the links to the original posts embedded, though it that's a hassle I wouldn't bother.

BTW, Alan C's suit and panama get up is one of the best things I've seen on this site.

6. ManofKent

ManofKent Well-Known Member

Superb job on the digest YFYF - comments really made it.

7. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Well-Known Member

I prefer the commentary behind the choices.

8. srivats

srivats Well-Known Member

yfyf, the commentary was as brilliant as the choice of photos .. lookin forward for more next week.

I saw those exact same pants at Hot Topic. Did you get them there too? Man, 40% off at the Mall!!!!! Seriously though, such a great outfit. Shoes are perfect and the colours make you "Security Guard of the Month". To Serve and Protect!!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The aldens are mine, lol - Vox has his spectacular Vass norwegwers on in the pic ... dope shoes.

9. Parker

Parker Well-Known Member

I will see if I can make more shitty stuff happen to me this week to increase my reserves of pent-up frustration.

Thanks for taking one for the team, yfyf. That was "like, totally awesome, bro". [​IMG]

10. embowafa

embowafa Well-Known Member

Woo Hoo! Thanks for the inclusion, yfyf.

The selection was nice, but the snark hurt so good.

11. GuidoWongolini

GuidoWongolini Well-Known Member

First things first.

[​IMG]
    Ok that's a wrap. This was fun and time consuming. Paypal donations plz.

- Great stuff FIBoy!
    - but you got it all wrong! The MoneySHOT comes last!

12. Neo1824

Neo1824 Well-Known Member

13. IST66

IST66 Well-Known Member

I am surprised and confused by that fact that has got to this grandiose review. To be in one list with such gentlemen (and two charming lady) it is very pleasant! I tell "many thanks"!

14. niidawg3

niidawg3 Well-Known Member

great review yfyf ... i was cracking up the whole time.

15. blofeld

blofeld Well-Known Member

agreed - making fun of the fat kid always works

16. AlanC

AlanC Well-Known Member

BTW, Alan C's suit and panama get up is one of the best things I've seen on this site.

Thanks, Baron. That means a great deal coming from you.

17. yfyf

yfyf Well-Known Member

Sorry cap'n, I meant no offence. You are a heavyset guy but you looked good in the photo and may look good in a fuller trouser too. Can we leave it at that?

Incidentally, Mr Claymore from a few months back was similarly bulky but he still looked good. Size isn't always everything.

18. benjamin831

benjamin831 Well-Known Member

Excellent commentry yfyf.

A toast to you [​IMG]

19. blofeld

blofeld Well-Known Member

Sorry cap'n, I meant no offence. You are a heavyset guy but you looked good in the photo and may look good in a fuller trouser too. Can we leave it at that?

Incidentally, Mr Claymore from a few months back was similarly bulky but he still looked good. Size isn't always everything.

I was completely joking. No moo-ish overreactions here buddy! I thought it was hilarious...seriously, good job. [​IMG]

20. GuidoWongolini

GuidoWongolini Well-Known Member

- nothing has changed in teh world order.. Well.. THE iTHUGS/BLOKES have!
    - when were you & your wifey back?