1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Vote for Lufty! - Luftvier enters Esquire '10 Best Dressed Real Man Contest!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luftvier, Apr 10, 2010.

1. hossoso

hossoso Well-Known Member

No way I'd vote for you. You're a know-it-all prick kid. You are so vehemently anti-vegetarian but you set a shitty example, especially the shoes you wear. Ugly. C'mon, pull your head out of your ass! Anybody that is that offended by other people's dietary habits has some real fucking Daddy issues, yeah? So, if you act like a bitch you are going to get treated like a bitch. Shape up, huh? You're too old to play the school yard bully. I am too but I would guess that scrupples and decorum weigh less on me than they do on you, you fucking... ah, it just gets better from there. Don't be a stranger, unless you are going to bring some dinosaurus.

2. my_alias

my_alias Well-Known Member

There are some very interesting profiles on that competition!

I like your style, it's eye catching. I would like to see more of a focus on the fit for someone to win such a competition... But thats just me! Fit is the best style!

3. luftvier

luftvier Well-Known Member

No way I'd vote for you. You're a know-it-all prick kid. You are so vehemently anti-vegetarian but you set a shitty example, especially the shoes you wear. Ugly. C'mon, pull your head out of your ass! Anybody that is that offended by other people's dietary habits has some real fucking Daddy issues, yeah? So, if you act like a bitch you are going to get treated like a bitch. Shape up, huh? You're too old to play the school yard bully. I am too but I would guess that scrupples and decorum weigh less on me than they do on you, you fucking... ah, it just gets better from there. Don't be a stranger, unless you are going to bring some dinosaurus.
    Two-fold retort: 1) I am not anti vegetarian. I'll stipulate to occasional bouts of know-it-all prickishness. 2) [​IMG]

4. lasbar

lasbar Well-Known Member

Two-fold retort:

1) I am not anti vegetarian. I'll stipulate to occasional bouts of know-it-all prickishness.

2)
    [​IMG]

A prickly know-it-all...

That 's a real SF endorsement...[​IMG]

5. PocketCircle

PocketCircle Well-Known Member

No need to argue with Luftvier. In that "dress shoes that aren't leather" thread haganah told everything that could be told:

The man is trying to live by his own philosophy, not telling you what to do, and some of you just won't let it go.

And luftvier, your style of dress is rather consistent in its usage as a "what not to wear". Your suits, I find silly. But your shoes? Your shoes make me want to throw up. I would rather wrap my feet in feces than walk around in your "leather" shoes. And don't think this is a surprise, others have at times, veiled and openly, conveyed this message to you. So try not to look too haughty as you lecture this man on proper American and English shoes. Thanks.

6. lasbar

lasbar Well-Known Member

No need to argue with Luftvier. In that "dress shoes that aren't leather" thread haganah told everything that could be told:

Can somebody explain in a few words the synopsis of this SF pre-punch up?

I'm too lazy to read the all thing...

7. Big Pun

Big Pun Well-Known Member

8. luftvier

Can somebody explain in a few words the synopsis of this SF pre-punch up?

I'm too lazy to read the all thing...

1) Vegan OP guy asked for vegan dress shoes.

2) I went on an asshole anti-vegan diatribe rather than simply answering the question.

3) hossoso called me out.

4) I apologized to OP for being an asshole.

5) Here we are.

9. luftvier

I can't quit you.

10. luftvier

11. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

Profile's up. Anyone else have luck?
    Site was taking way too long to load so I moved on.

12. lasbar

lasbar Well-Known Member

1) Vegan OP guy asked for vegan dress shoes.

2) I went on an asshole anti-vegan diatribe rather than simply answering the question.

3) hossoso called me out.

4) I apologized to OP for being an asshole.

5) Here we are.

Fair enough...

You possess one great quality..Being able to acknowledge the fact you can be a tosser...

That's a great personality trait , not common on SF...

Respect..

13. Big Pun

Big Pun Well-Known Member

So do you guys actually think these contestants dress well?

14. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

That's a great personality trait , not common on SF...

Respect..

+1. Admirable.

15. lasbar

lasbar Well-Known Member

+1. Admirable.

I made once a stupid comment on one of his picture and I did apologize for it.

He was fine about it and never wenr on a personal vendetta after that...

Luf is a gent.

16. luftvier

Fair enough... You possess one great quality..Being able to acknowledge the fact you can be a tosser... That's a great personality trait , not common on SF... Respect..
    Thank you. We all have our moments.
    +1. Admirable.
    I made once a stupid comment on one of his picture and I did apologize for it. He was fine about it and never wenr on a personal vendetta after that... Luf is a gent.
    We put ourselves out there for harsh commentary. That comes with the territory. This place is worse than Mean Girls, for Christ's sake. [​IMG] This place is not for the thin-skinned. Due in part to the harsh comments here, I've gone from wearing slim slim slim "trendy" suits to a far more tempered cut. It's all part of the learning process. No one ever taught me how to dress, so it's been trial by fire during my time here. I don't take comments personally because this is the internet. And often, as crass as the comment might be, there's truth behind it. We all put out feet in our mouths occasionally. When I cross the line, I am happy to concede that I should have acted better and apologize. BTW - will I have to start a blog that I rarely post on if I get in the final 5? [​IMG] Lasbar - you can make it up to me by spamming everyone you knwo to get me in the final five. [​IMG]

17. elgreco

elgreco Well-Known Member

Let's talk more about metal. Fas.

18. luftvier

Let's talk more about metal. Fas.

[​IMG]

19. elgreco

elgreco Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

YES.

[​IMG]