1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

*** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit ***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by g transistor, Jul 3, 2014.

1. ZanderRosen

ZanderRosen Well-Known Member

Tannery in Boston has so much Social Sculpture denim 50% off..

2. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Well-Known Member

Proxy? :eek: they still don't have a site right?

3. JonOrangeElise

JonOrangeElise Member

Thinking of pulling the trigger on a pair of FBTs... if I can find the right size on Grailed, and if I can even determine my correct size.

1) Is it basically conventional wisdom that the FBTs run a 1/2 size too large -- like if you normally wear 10.5, get a 10?

2) Can someone explain the footbed situation? Like do they have a removable footbed (pretty sure they don't) or do they have a perfectly flat footbed (no idea). Asking because I wear custom orthotics.

If they run a bit large, and either have a removable footbed, or a completely flat footbed, then a 10.5 could be my ticket. Thanks!

4. skenney

skenney Well-Known Member

Does anybody have any experience with the Hilts Boots Mid- Folk?

5. Fycus

Fycus Well-Known Member

FBTs run pretty true to size, I wear a 10-10.5 in sneakers and got a 10 and they fit fine. FBTs do not have a removable footbed and tend to be on the flatter side.

6. JonOrangeElise

JonOrangeElise Member

Postscript to my post above (and thanks to @Fycus for replying). I did a bunch of research, asking Grailed sellers and Mr Porter about FBT sizing and the footbed sitch. There was no consensus on size (some said they run small, some said large), and Mr Porter described "the sole is relatively flat except for the heel where it inclines a little." So feedback was all pretty... all over the place. This afternoon I went to MAAS & Stacks, to at least see the FBTs, even though they didn't have my size. Confirmed the footbed is pretty flat, but actually has a little bit of raised arch support, which causes issues for custom insoles. So FBTs are not in my future.

But on the bright side... they had a pair of Voyageurs in one of my favorite colors, and they fit perfect with my orthotics thanks to a perfectly flat footbed. I can confirm they run a bit large, and the 10.5 accomodated my insoles fine. The Voyageurs aren't quite as dazzling/funky/show-stopping as the FBTs, but they'll work better in more situations, and they still have that, er... rough, hand-made, anthropological kind of vibe that attracts me to Visvim.

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  7. ericleavitt

ericleavitt Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Was wondering how a size 2 in this would fit? I'm a size Small in Engineered Garments, and a Size 2 in Orslow. I'm about 5'9 145~ Ibs.