• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Samir

Reaction score

Have been wearing these Brigs from A/W '14 for the past couple months. Not sure what leather they're made of, though this page suggests they're kangaroo.

Anyway, I've been wearing them a ton and the leather needs a little love, especially as it gets colder and wetter. I don't have much experience with this and I'd like something that preserved the color - any advice on specific products to look at? Something like Saphir leather lotion or Renovateur?

zxcvbn

Reaction score
Hoping I can liquidate half my wardrobe fast enough to be able to pick up the new black/nickel 7 holes before they sell out at 1000usd or whatever

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hoping I can liquidate half my wardrobe fast enough to be able to pick up the new black/nickel 7 holes before they sell out at 1000usd or whatever

They already sold out...

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Have been wearing these Brigs from A/W '14 for the past couple months. Not sure what leather they're made of, though this page suggests they're kangaroo. Anyway, I've been wearing them a ton and the leather needs a little love, especially as it gets colder and wetter. I don't have much experience with this and I'd like something that preserved the color - any advice on specific products to look at? Something like Saphir leather lotion or Renovateur?
Those brigs are vegetable tanned cowhide and extremely susceptible to staining or discoloration. No way you can preserve color, they will darken over time. Best thing to do is wear them as long as possible. As you get dark spots and discoloration go all out and use saphir renovateur and cover them to make the discoloration uniform (any conditioner on these will darken the whole boot). How do I know this? I owned the boots- didn't like how easily the leather marked and discolored itself.

Last edited:

deluzion

Reaction score
Those brigs are vegetable tanned cowhide and extremely susceptible to staining or discoloration. No way you can preserve color, they will darken over time. Best thing to do is wear them as long as possible. As you get dark spots and discoloration go all out and use saphir renovateur and cover them to make the discoloration uniform (any conditioner on these will darken the whole boot). How do I know this? I owned the boots- didn't like how easily the leather marked and discolored itself.
I own the blue ones, and yeah, they change color and get water spots easily. i haven't given any treatment to them, just casual brushing every now and then.

abcdefghijkl

Reaction score
Just got through a negative experience from a Japan proxy.
http://www.visionstorehk.com/
https://www.facebook.com/visvimnbhdwtaps

I clearly specified the shirt I wanted to purchase, but mistakenly tried to confirm that it was a "new" (unworn) shirt,
then he twisted my words to justify that I asked for a "new season" shirt. Would not deal with this proxy again.

ME: hi do you have this item in beige size 3 VISVIM 14 S/S BLACK ELK FLANNEL (INDIGO BUFFALO )

ME: Hi, to confirm you are able to deliver the item pictured in beige size 3, and this is a new product correct?

ME: I received the one attached which is totally different from the one on your page

PROXY ( visionstorehk , visionstore , visvimnbhdwtaps ) : we got the correct shirt. Please check the sticker on the paper bag.
It is in beige color. Please take a look the attached picture. Visvim only released 3 color on this shirt.
As I remember you asked if it was a new product, it is the new item from 15AW season. We do not accept any refund or exchange. Hope You understand.

Last edited:

Shinoda

Reaction score

Yeah I'm not too hopeful about the whole idea right now. Is visvim actually responsive to e-mails? I've heard less than great things about their customer service. 

Unless you bought something from their online store then I guess not.

For repairs I think you need to be at their retail store physically to inquire hour repairs and resoles.

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That 14ss buffalo check in beige in size 3 is SUPER rare because it was sought after. The 15aw model is easy to come by because its pattern isn't even close to as good as the original buffalo check pattern. If you asked for a new item, they wouldn't even have that 14SS model, let alone in new condition. Should at least have reasonable expectations before going to purchase, but I agree you specified you wanted the 14ss model and they gave you another season.

abcdefghijkl

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, Fycus.
I agree with you the original buffalo check pattern was exceptional, and should have known it was too good to be true.

But a decent seller should have read the emails and either stated
a) shirt was not in new condition, or
b) shirt was not available (I thought there was not much left to interpretation as to which shirt I was requesting).

After getting nowhere then filing a PayPal dispute, he finally offered refund of his proxy charge, which is the most I could expect from this lesson.

Last edited:

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am thinking of trying the Brigadier boot in suede. What is the consensus re: sizing? From the first page of this thread, it seems that one should go down a half size from one's true American size? Is that correct or go TTS? If one is 42 in MMM GATs and a brannock 9, what size is recommended for the Brigadiers? Thanks.

Stirmonster

Reaction score
Does anyone know if a size 4 Iris liner can be attached to a size 5 Nomad jacket? I presume the liners are designed with attachment to same size outerwear in mind, but wondering if I could swing it.

Diabolical

Reaction score
I am thinking of trying the Brigadier boot in suede. What is the consensus re: sizing? From the first page of this thread, it seems that one should go down a half size from one's true American size? Is that correct or go TTS? If one is 42 in MMM GATs and a brannock 9, what size is recommended for the Brigadiers? Thanks.
I'm a 9 D/E on the brannock for foot length and I sized down for my MMM Gats to a 41, and I have brigadiers in a 8.5 but I feel like I should have gone with a 9. I find the toebox to be quite shallow.

Emixam

Reaction score
I went TTS with the Brigadier, couldn`t have sized down.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics