1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

*** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit ***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by g transistor, Jul 3, 2014.

1. Emixam

Emixam Well-Known Member

2. Vascht

Vascht Member

I don't have pictures, since I told him to sew it back shut. But, what I can say is it looks like the inner seam within the french seam had all of it's individual threads hanging loose.

3. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

Yes, unless You are using selvedge fabric, that happens.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
  4. Vascht

Vascht Member

I figured that was the case. Is there anything he can do to make clean it up? I should ask my tailor this, but it would be nice to have an idea before going there.

5. LA Guy

Probably not. French seams are already secure. I suppose that you could ask that he do an overlock, same as on non- selvedge jeans, but that seems overmuch, and may not be possible under the French seam anyway.

6. Emixam

Emixam Well-Known Member

this is perfectly normal. French seam allows a cleaner finish, when you cut fabric it frays, always.

7. cekam23

cekam23 Member

Hi everybody !! I'm new in this forum. I got a little question about a Visvim fbt corduroy that I want to buy but I'm not sure if they are fake or not... Here they are
    Thanks for the help !! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Emixam

Emixam Well-Known Member

9. cekam23

cekam23 Member

Thank you for the quick response !!
    For those who are looking for some There is a lot of fbt popping on rakuten right now. They are used but still in great shape.

10. Dbear

Dbear Well-Known Member

This threads kinda dead at times, so dunno if you guys are all that interested, but my friend @cyc wid it took my lt. brown virgils off my hands because they were too big and then the only ones I could get my hands on were sand virgils, which are really cool in their own right, but I really like the lt. brown color. There were no virgils available in lt. brown in the whole damn country of Japan or Korea or Hong Kong or whereever, and no releases of virgils on the horizon. But then I saw how cool brigadiers could be based on @Fycus 's fits, and realized that they are basically virgils but on a different sole. The calico detail was a huge turn off for me in the beginning, but, just like the plastic heel stabilizer on virgils...it's a nice touch and grows on you.

Well, for some damn reason, brigadiers are waaay more expensive than virgils and also sold out in anything but NAVY, wtf man? BUT, they just did a spot drop like last week and bam, got a pair in Lt. brown. Pretty stoked. They're a nice alternative to virgils. Shape is the same, but the dainite sole makes everything much more slim and sleek. I can't say one is better than the other, but they serve different purposes. Anyways, took pictures in 3 different lighting for fun.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10 people like this.
  11. LA Guy

Does Visvim have the same drop strategy as Nike for some items? Any skagway for fw14??

12. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Well-Known Member

There's always some ridiculous 1 offs and specials... I'm sure @Fycus can elaborate. I saw some crazy limited edition like 1 of 1 special dyed skagways.

13. Dbear

Dbear Well-Known Member

The ICT stuff is ridiculous. Indigo or mud dyed virgils for something like.....225,000 yen? AND it's sold out? Hmm...

14. Fycus

Fycus Well-Known Member

Brigs look amazing dbear! Good stuff

I don't have the full release for fw, but I don't remember seeing skagways at the trunk show. They are doing a really dope shearling lined shoe similar to the skag for fall (never asked if its called the skag or not). Also, that doesnt include spot releases which are random releases throughout the season.

[​IMG]

sneakers for fall:
    [​IMG]

JPY is around 160000 or ballpark pre-tax. The hide is brain dyed german deerskin which is then shipped to japan and indigo dyed, and finally sewn together with a handsewn welt in china. iirc its the same leather as used on the patch of their jeans and denim jackets. If that is any indication, its super thick and supple suede. Overpriced, yes, but lots of thought went into the shoe.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  15. Emixam

Emixam Well-Known Member

is the brigadier's insole removable ?

16. Fycus

Fycus Well-Known Member

Nah its just the cork heelbed and raw leather for the toebox area. I tried removing mine and no dice.

1 person likes this.
  17. Vascht

Vascht Member

If anyone has a Size 3 noragi could you measure the armhole opening and the area where the biceps would be? Wondering on that measurement before I pull the trigger on one. Thanks in advance for anyone who does it.

18. Emixam

Emixam Well-Known Member

^ will do tonight, but yes it is tight

19. einstine

einstine Well-Known Member

Damn, didnt know SF had a Visvim thread!

BTW, anybody has a Visvim leather jacket size 2 or 3 and wants to sell let me know.

20. Vascht

Vascht Member

Update on the measurements?