1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Visible scarring, do you try to cover it?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Conrad, May 12, 2008.

1. why

why Well-Known Member

He's from Pittsburgh. Most of the scars are probably from inbreeding or getting hit with those stupid Terrible Towels.

2. James Gatz

James Gatz Well-Known Member

He's from Pittsburgh. Most of the scars are probably from inbreeding or getting hit with those stupid Terrible Towels.

The facial deformity is a result of inbreeding, the scars just kind of happened. And Terrible Towels haven't left any scars, just welts.

3. Spilotro

Spilotro Well-Known Member

I have a scar on my left ring finger that there's no use in trying to hide. Had to have it put back together at 6 years old when I broke it [​IMG]

No one really notices it, although it is by no means small.

4. unpainted huffheinz

unpainted huffheinz Well-Known Member

A few of my scars developed keloids which is not uncommon for people of Native American descent. Luckily neither of my two facial scars are keloids, but even surgical wounds like my appendectomy scar developed small ones. These are more unsightly than typical scarring and I always get asked about them (distracting during foreplay!).

5. Hugo

Hugo Well-Known Member

I think that scars add character.

Globetrotter is correct.

6. HORNS

HORNS Well-Known Member

I have a scar where a ski came off its binder and whacked me upside the head. It's above my right eyebrow. I consider it my patina - males can certainly get away with this versus women.

7. MetroStyles

MetroStyles Well-Known Member

Some scars can be unsightly. I am pretty much ambivalent towards body scars, no big deal. Scars on the face can be super cool if they are not too grotesque. It makes you seem like a badass with a darker, wild side. I think that a beautiful girl can be made more interesting by a scar on her face. Just my opinion, of course.

8. appolyon

appolyon Well-Known Member

Got a little scar just above my lip that I got being smacked in the mouth when I was in Greece by standing behind my uncles while they were trying to pull a part one of those old chimney pipes. I was five at the time and serves me right for not getting out of the way when told to!

btw why is the poll closed?

9. Connemara

Connemara Well-Known Member

The scars around my nipples have thankfully faded.

10. loveygal

loveygal New Member

I used to do that too but i really got fed up of covering it all the time. I was recommended invicible scars and it has already shown its results pretty clearly in 21 days. Try it . Hope it helps your friend out as it helped me getting rid of my scar.